Cannabis Cultivation Technician
Zenabis is looking to fill the Cannabis Cultivation Technician role. Do you have experience with cloning, transplanting, plant maintenance, pest/pathogen management, trimming, drying, curing, packaging, destruction and inventory management? This is an exciting opportunity to work for an innovative and rapidly growing organization.APPLY NOW
- Advanced knowledge of Cannabis Act, Cannabis products, its approved uses.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivation of Cannabis or other delicate commercial crops.
- Expert knowledge in plant disease and pest mitigation without use of chemicals.
- Focused, dedicated professional approach with high attention to detail.
- Must follow Zenabis’ policies and contribute towards the goal of achieving production targets within set timelines.
- Have deep knowledge of soil/ soil less growing methods, micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and nutrient implementation. Experience and technical knowledge in product moisture level controls during production, curing, and packaging states of medical Cannabis products.
- Knowledge and compliance with GPP, GMP and GLP.
- Manage crop scheduling and to precisely project all cultivation requirements on a daily/weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis in order to meet sales demand in a cost-effective manner.
- Supervise/ monitor Cannabis production related activities as Alternate Responsible Person In-Charge (A/RPIC) in absence of Responsible Person In-Charge (RPIC).
- Manage a Production team of Cultivation Technicians and guide them to achieve production targets within set timelines.
- Perform and control activities related to cannabis starting materials and execute production processes as per respective Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Develop and execute irrigation, and nutrient supply plans to ensure optimum plant growth and maximize finished product output.
- Execute integrated pest and pathogen management program in view of elimination/ control of all types of mold powdery mildew, spider mites, fungus gnats, etc.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, internal organizational policies and security measures related to Cannabis products.
- Report regulatory issues and concerns with the potential to impact product quality to Quality Assurance department and management.
- Maintain audit ready status of Production department and participate in internal self-inspection and Health Canada regulatory audits, as necessary and participate with audit response preparation.
- Assist with Cannabis processing, product transfer and destruction of Cannabis materials and Cannabis products. Ensure process and product security measures at all times during the entire processing stages.
- Maintain all records related to production, sale and distribution of Cannabis products at the facility with appropriate update on the ERP system.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance, Production and other functional departments to ensure Cannabis production process and product compliance.
- Employ professional and clear communication practices to maintain a positive and progressive team atmosphere. Always maintain professional and friendly attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent with minimum of 2 years of commercial grow experience or professional equivalency.
- Previous Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset.
- Strong Agricultural or horticulture background in a GAP and HACCP regulated environment, with proficiency in various cultivation and plant maintenance techniques.
- English (Preferred)