ATLAS GROWERS LTD.
LOCATION: LAC STE ANNE COUNTY, ALBERTA, CANADA
POSITION: PACKAGING ASSOCIATE (PART TIME)
Founded in 2015, Atlas Growers is a Canadian pharmaceutical cannabis production company located near Edmonton, Alberta. We strive to improve people's lives by producing high-grade cannabis flower and related cannabis products while simultaneously leading the industry on the science behind the historically misunderstood and misrepresented cannabis plant. With a talented team of educated, experienced and dedicated members, a growing list of exciting new partnerships, and our ultramodern cannabis production facility and laboratory; we hope to change the framework of what is understood about cannabis while pushing the limits on the myriad of medically viable phytochemicals it produces.
Our state-of-the-art, purpose built 38,000 square foot building, is designed to cultivate and process the highest-grade cannabis products possible. The technology incorporated into the building and industry-leading cultivation practices are coupled with a fully indoor, climate-controlled environment to enable the customizable ecosystems needed to properly cultivate the cannabis plant at maximum efficiency. Atlas is on track to ship its first products in April 2019.
We have set a priority to facilitate further scientific research on medical cannabis through strategic partnerships with local agricultural professionals, Canadian universities, and international horticulture experts. The goal of this research is to provide clinical, reliable data to Canadians and the world as this nascent industry evolves. By doing so, Atlas offers opportunities for healing and hope.
This is a rare and immense opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a premium pharmaceutical cannabis producer. With it, you'll get the chance to directly impact a burgeoning industry and work with other highly motivated individuals in creating its identity. If you believe in our mission, and know you can offer the type of passion, knowledge, and expertise necessary for this position, we'd like to hear from you.
We are seeking a Packaging Associate to support our production team with our cannabis packaging operations. This fast-paced job includes the use of expensive and automated equipment and the handling of high-value product. Tasks will include the operation of packaging equipment, labeling, tapping, packing and cleaning. To meet regulations and SOPs, the immediate update of required paperwork and software systems is essential to the entire operation.
Reports to: Production Manager
Role and Responsibilities
- Operation of packaging equipment
- Cleaning & preparation of rooms and equipment
- Shipping support: Picking, checking & packing
- Product packaging & general production support
- Processing products
- Labeling products
- Packaging orders for shipment
- Completing paperwork on time
- Updating ERP software as required by the SOPs and regulations
- Cleaning Premises
- Lifting & stocking boxes (20 - 40 Lbs)
- 2+ years' experience using automated equipment
- Ability to move/maneuver in excess of 50 lbs (23 kgs)
- Capacity to stand for 8 hours, climb stairs/ladders and work over head
- Ability to perform repetitive work
- Care and attention due to the handling of high-value product
- Experience using an ERP system (Sage, SAP, JDE, ...)
Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated maturity with the ability to self-manage, organize, prioritize and interact well with others/team; strong team player.
- Ability to work with people of all levels within the organization.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude; ability to adapt to change.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Atlas Growers is an Equal Opportunity Employer