Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
ATLAS GROWERS Limited
LOCATION: LAC STE ANNE COUNTY, ALBERTA, CANADA
POSITION: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER (FULL TIME)
DEPARTMENT: FACILITY OPERATIONS
Founded in 2015, Atlas Growers is a Canadian pharmaceutical cannabis production company located near Edmonton, Alberta. We strive to improve people's lives by producing high-grade cannabis flower and related cannabis products while simultaneously leading the industry on the science behind the historically misunderstood and misrepresented cannabis plant. With a talented team of educated, experienced and dedicated members, a growing list of exciting new partnerships, and our ultramodern cannabis production facility and laboratory; we hope to change the framework of what is understood about cannabis while pushing the limits on the myriad of medically viable phytochemicals it produces.
Our state-of-the-art, purpose built 38,000 square foot building, is designed to cultivate and process the highest-grade cannabis products possible. The technology incorporated into the building and industry-leading cultivation practices are coupled with a fully indoor, climate-controlled environment to enable the customizable ecosystems needed to properly cultivate the cannabis plant at maximum efficiency. Atlas is on track to ship its first products in April 2019.
We have set a priority to facilitate further scientific research on medical cannabis through strategic partnerships with local agricultural professionals, Canadian universities, and international horticulture experts. The goal of this research is to provide clinical, reliable data to Canadians and the world as this nascent industry evolves. By doing so, Atlas offers opportunities for healing and hope.
This is a rare and immense opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a premium pharmaceutical cannabis producer. With it, you'll get the chance to directly impact a burgeoning industry and work with other highly motivated individuals in creating its identity. If you believe in our mission, and know you can offer the type of passion, knowledge, and expertise necessary for this position, we'd like to hear from you.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for the coordination of work to ensure the successful implementation of Cannabis Act, GMP and GPP production standards in pursuance of regulatory compliance and achievement of international business goals. The Quality Assurance Manager will work hand in hand with production, maintenance, facilities and shipping teams to ensure that quality standards are recognized, implemented, enhanced and maintained throughout all of the production operations.
Through the successful management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Quality Assurance Manager will guarantee the ongoing success of the Quality Assurance team. The QA Manager will advance our quality inspection, monitoring, documentation and other processes with the goal of consistent improvement of quality processes and increased efficiency while meeting all standards and regulations. The Quality Assurance Manager will assist with the development, execution and continuous monitoring of the quality assurance systems in stringent compliance with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review, ensure compliance to Cannabis Act, QMS, GMP, and approve all SOPs
- Final batch review and release, including review of analytic, and microbial results, and facility conditions deviations and change controls
- Ability to establish departmental performance standards, procedures, and audit controls to meet business requirements
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company operations.
- Guide and advise CAPA review & approval
- Ensure investigation and annual product review are conducted in a compliant matter
- Oversee the management of the Complaint program to ensure all critical trends are addressed appropriately and investigations are handled
- Oversee and direct Raw material control system
- Design and write SOPs that comply with the ACMPR, Cannabis Act and GMP
- GMP, GPP, GDP training of new and ongoing staff
- Efficiently and effectively make accurate assessments of failures to correct root cause to ensure continuous improvement
- Directly manage a Quality Assurance team
- Provide guidance to the all other areas of the facility with respect to GMP, ACMPR and Cannabis Act compliance including on regulation or guideline changes.
- Ensure the Atlas standard is consistent across all sites and Quality is built into our processes
- Manage compliance through the software for quality systems including the ERP system.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience in the Quality Assurance Field
- B.Sc. degree or diploma in a science related field such as Chemistry, Biology and Horticulture
- Experience working in a regulated environment, pharmaceuticals, or natural health product manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to implement and Maintain a Quality Management System including: batch record review, batch release, document control, and CAPA including quality investigations
- Competency of technological writing (SOPs, Annual Reports, Investigation Summary)
- Security Clearance from Health Canada may be requested and required for this position.
Skills and Abilities
- Business acumen to oversee the budgetary control issues, project management and continuous improvement initiatives of the company.
- A strong awareness in culture-based safety initiatives and programs.
- Effective attention to detail, sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills in addition to sound diplomacy, conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Ability to think logically and critically assess processes
- Strong communication
- Ability to multitask and adapt to an evolving environment
- Basic computer skills: competency in Microsoft Office
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Atlas Growers is an Equal Opportunity Employer