Director of Operations
ATLAS GROWERS Limited
LOCATION: LAC STE ANNE COUNTY, ALBERTA, CANADA
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (FULL TIME)
DEPARTMENT: FACILITY OPERATIONS
Founded in 2015, Atlas Growers is a Canadian pharmaceutical cannabis production company located near Edmonton, Alberta. We strive to improve people's lives by producing high-grade cannabis flower and related cannabis products while simultaneously leading the industry on the science behind the historically misunderstood and misrepresented cannabis plant. With a talented team of educated, experienced and dedicated members, a growing list of exciting new partnerships, and our ultramodern cannabis production facility and laboratory; we hope to change the framework of what is understood about cannabis while pushing the limits on the myriad of medically viable phytochemicals it produces.
Our state-of-the-art, purpose built 38,000 square foot building, is designed to cultivate and process the highest-grade cannabis products possible. The technology incorporated into the building and industry-leading cultivation practices are coupled with a fully indoor, climate-controlled environment to enable the customizable ecosystems needed to properly cultivate the cannabis plant at maximum efficiency. Atlas is on track to ship its first products in April 2019.
We have set a priority to facilitate further scientific research on medical cannabis through strategic partnerships with local agricultural professionals, Canadian universities, and international horticulture experts. The goal of this research is to provide clinical, reliable data to Canadians and the world as this nascent industry evolves. By doing so, Atlas offers opportunities for healing and hope.
This is a rare and immense opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a premium pharmaceutical cannabis producer. With it, you'll get the chance to directly impact a burgeoning industry and work with other highly motivated individuals in creating its identity. If you believe in our mission, and know you can offer the type of passion, knowledge, and expertise necessary for this position, we'd like to hear from you.
We are looking for an individual with the education, background, and experience to become the Director of Operations at our Atlas One facility. As Director of Operations at Atlas Growers, you will utilize a combination of leadership and technical experience to guide the procurement, production and quality assurance teams. Your focus will be on building a work environment that provides management with the tools to grow in their respective fields, support a lean operation, and exceed overarching operational objectives.
- Health and safety of the workforce at the facility.
- Development of an employee-oriented working culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback
- Ensure that all employees on site perform according to their job description.
- Ensure that all employees on site work and fulfill their responsibility according to their position in the organizational chart.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among workers that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through team meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Primary Responsibilities and Authority of the job
- Responsible for planning, directing, overseeing and leading all the operations on the site on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the building, equipment, and infrastructure and therefore responsible for authorizing any engagement with contractors with respect to the site.
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance department on site.
- Keeping track of activities of the production site and the work performed of the employees on site.
- Authorized to approve for sale of batches of produced dried marijuana, i.e., finished products.
- Reporting the status and actions of the site in a transparent and honest way to the board.
- Ensuring that the activities on site comply with the Health Canada regulations.
- Responsible for supervising the activities with respect to cannabis.
- Actively demonstrate mission, vision, values to all levels of the organization
- Implement strategic plans in order to meet business objectives and advance the company towards its mission and vision.
- Keep accountability of the management team and ensures key performance indicators are met
- Ensure each department manager is accountable by clearly defining, tracking, and reviewing monthly goals and potential outcomes
- Ensure all key products, product launches, and special projects are delivered on time
- Collaborate with quality assurance team to ensure all Canadian and international regulatory requirements are met
- Working with leaders from other departments to align on organizational goals
- Completion of a college or university program in business administration, operations management or comparable.
- 5 to 10 years of operations work experience, with at least 5 years at the supervisory or management level
- Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing safety procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Have led or been a key leader in an ERP implementation.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Strong conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Strong thought leadership with the ability to independently take calculated risks.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and able to influence a team.
- Effective negotiation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.