International Relations Specialist
ATLAS GROWERS Limited
LOCATION: EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA
POSITION: INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS SPECIALIST (FULL TIME)
DEPARTMENT: HEAD OFFICE
PAY RATE: FULL TIME - $37.50 PER HOUR
DATE OF POSTING: JANUARY 29, 2019
Founded in 2015, Atlas Growers is a Canadian medical cannabis production company located near Edmonton, Alberta. We strive to improve people's lives by producing premium, pharmaceutically viable cannabis flower and related cannabis products while simultaneously leading the industry on the science behind the historically misunderstood and misrepresented cannabis plant. With a talented team of educated, experienced and dedicated members, a growing list of exciting new partnerships, and our ultramodern cannabis production facility and laboratory; we hope to change the framework of what is understood about cannabis, while pushing the limits on the myriad of medically viable phytochemicals it produces.
Our state-of-the-art, purpose built 38,000 square foot building, is designed to cultivate and process the highest-grade cannabis products possible. The technology incorporated into the building and industry-leading cultivation practices are coupled with a fully indoor, climate-controlled environment to enable the customizable ecosystems needed to properly cultivate the cannabis plant at maximum efficiency. We have 160 acres of land at our disposal and are currently engineering three, 350,000 square foot expansions to ultimately have nearly 1,100,000 square feet of growing space, with the business being on track to ship our first products in November 2018.
We have set a priority to facilitate further scientific research on medical cannabis through strategic partnerships with local agricultural professionals, Canadian universities, and international horticulture experts. The goal of this research is to provide clinical, reliable data to Canadians and the world as this nascent industry evolves. By doing so, Atlas offers opportunities for healing and hope.
This is a rare and immense opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a premium, large-scale medical cannabis producer. With it, you'll get the chance to directly impact a burgeoning industry and work with other highly motivated individuals in creating its identity. If you believe in our mission, and know you can offer the type of passion, knowledge, and expertise necessary for this position, we'd like to hear from you.
We are seeking an International Relations Specialist to contribute to our strategic goals by providing information and analyses related to international market activities, policies, and programs. There are several job activities, including - but not limited to - research on issues related to the impact the global cannabis policies and positions of governments, humanitarian organizations, and multinational corporations. In addition, a successful candidate will assist in the development of plans and policy formation, and by analyzing the function of agencies and organizations and their impact on international relations.
- Developing and evaluating issues and initiatives through the study of international policy and standards, overseas developments, and reports
- Formulating policy or program recommendations on assigned programs
- Preparing papers and briefing materials
- Collaborating with foreign counterparts
- Developing and preparing in-depth analyses of assigned issues at the national, regional, and global levels
- Assessing and improving program effectiveness related to proposed regulations, legislation or resources
- Developing research concepts, policy questions, and work plans for papers and reports
- Identifying and analyzing key trends, policies, and strategies
- Leading the assembly, manipulation, and analysis of economic data
- Leading significant analytic and report-writing efforts
- Identifying, researching, and developing policy recommendations for reports
- Creating and delivering presentations for research projects
- A bachelor's degree in a social science or related discipline or in business administration may be required.
- Three years, or equivalent, experience required; prior experience in analyzing programs in the commodities industry and/or working in government regulatory process is especially desirable.
- Advanced understanding of complex political and socioeconomic information
- Be able to conduct independent research that is both quantitative and qualitative in nature.
- Knowledge and experience with senior government officials, business executives, Canadian Government Organizations (ex. Health Canada) or equivalent and their operating practices.
- Must be proficient in Information Technology, Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Security Clearance is desired
Skills and Abilities
- Strong, demonstrated organizational, communication (written and oral) skills
- Superior cognitive ability and analytical skills
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must exercise good judgment, use discretion and work effectively under pressure in a self-directed manner within a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and see them through to completion in a deadline-oriented environment.