Reporting to our Head Grower, we are looking for a detail-oriented team player to join our Production team as an Irrigation Specialist, responsible for the maintenance and the use of the irrigation system, and for ensuring the consistency and quality of nutrition provided to the plants through all growth stages.
- Operation and maintenance of the irrigation equipment
- Handling, mixing and applying nutrient and fertilizer mixes to meet the needs of the plants
- Ensure the safe handling, storage, use and discarding of chemicals
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve problems related to the irrigation control
- Collect and analyze water, feed, and runoff samples to determine if adjustments to the nutrient schedule is needed
- Calibrate, operate, clean, and maintain equipment used in irrigation room and flower rooms
- Receive nutrients as outlined in company’s SOPs
- Documenting nutrient usage and maintenance logs
- Maintain concise daily records and ensure documentation is accessible and organized in compliance with company SOPs and Health Canada’s Cannabis Act regulations.
- Cleaning trays, water lines, hoods, and other equipment and tools as directed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education
- Horticulture, agriculture, or diploma in a related field.
- Strong understanding of digital irrigation systems in a large scale commercial agricultural environment.
- Knowledge of growing techniques, including: Germination, Cloning, and transplantation
- Takes direction, organized, and detailed oriented-oriented with good judgement in raising issues to leadership
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills
- Knowledge of plant and pest management is an asset.
- Knowledge of ARGUS is an asset
- Experience in a Health Canada licensed cannabis production facility is an asset.
Reference ID: Irrigation-Montreal
Application deadline: 2021-06-20
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,511.00-$67,245.00 per year
- Secondary School (preferred)
- plant and pest management: 2 years (required)
- cannabis: 2 years (required)