Group Product Manager
Product Management at Weedmaps is responsible for defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap in order to realize our mission of being the hub for all things cannabis. As a Group Product Manager, you will lead product teams at Weedmaps. You will also own creating product requirements, and coordinate with the technical team, design teams and other stakeholders to develop and design end to end experiences. You will monitor and react to customer and consumer needs and feedback, constantly improving and expanding the experience.
Additionally, you should have a proven ability to build relationships and influence across the organization at all levels, as well as superior communication and presentation skills.
The impact you'll make:
- Define a world-class customer experience
- Build, develop and lead teams of Product Managers
- Deliver performance reviews for your team members and set up performance goals
- Manage and motivate team to accomplish significant deliverables within tight deadlines
- Translate the customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap
- Maintain and prioritize a product roadmap and backlog and ensure that new features and enhancements are validated and clearly specified
- Lead a cross-functional team to ensure we implement the product vision efficiently
- Monitor adoption, usage and revenue impact of new products and features and report on release impact as necessary
- Collaborate with product, program and engineering leaders across the organization to guide the platform roadmap pinpointing new requirements, features, and policies
- Oversee enterprise-level product planning including identifying new opportunities as well as incorporating a rolling roadmap of business projects and technology initiatives
- Write complete and detail-oriented product requirements documents and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, usability and development teams
- Engage with customers through a variety of channels and serve as the voice of the customer internally
- Strive to deliver high-quality technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities and structures shift rapidly.
What you've accomplished:
- 4+ years product management experience in a technological industry
- 2+ years of leadership experience, building and developing teams
- 2+ years experience in consumer-facing online commerce, point-of-sale, or marketplace
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and customer-facing features
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
- Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience managing agile software development with scrum preferred
- MBA preferred
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it's regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office and curated snack boxes delivered to your door when working at home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we've seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business' tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.