The Senior Operations Manager (SOM) will report to the PA Regional Director, and provide operational support for Retail Stores in the western region of Pennsylvania to ensure that all locations are operating up the level that has been set by Zen Leaf and Verano. This position will be in charge of carrying out all initiatives set forth by corporate and the Regional Director at the Dispensary Level. This person must be a self disciplined individual who understands the larger company goals and expectations while effectively and clearly conveying those goals and expectations to the teams at the dispensary level.
This Position will also require extensive knowledge on day-to-day operations at every level of the Dispensary. Other responsibilities held by this position include, but are not limited to:
• Drive store or business success by supporting/reinforcing teams to achieve goals set forth by corporate and state Director.
• To provide performance goals and evaluations in collaboration with corporate and regional director
• Collaborate with numerous departments to achieve goals or optimal business performance
• Support and mentor Managers
• Work with all departments in Verano to provide complete support for all stores
• Ensure that all SOPs are in place and being followed
• Ensure compliance at 100% in all Dispensary Locations
• Provide or arrange training for all dispensary operations to include, but not limited to:
• Opening and closing
• Camera and security systems operations
• Vault organization and operation
• Inventory life-cycle from receiving to sale
• SOP creation and dissemination
• Security team functions
• Conducting of interviews and hiring
• De-escalation practices and discipline practices
• Proper cash handling and deposit preparation
• Acute investigative practices
• Conduct store audits on a regular basis and follow up with all outstanding audit shortfalls
• Work closely with the General Manager to communicate information to dispensary staff from the corporate retail team.
• All other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or Graduation Equivalency (GED)
• At least 5 year's experience in retail management (Cannabis preferred)
• Strong working knowledge of MJ Freeway's inventory tracking, POS and backend administrative functionality as well as MJ Freeway's reporting suite
• Firm understanding of day-to-day operations as dictated by PA's DoH, Office of MMJ and all regulations put forth in the PA regulations (Title 28 > Chapter 1161)
• Strong communication skills
• Mentorship and training experience
• Exceptional soft skills
• At least 21 years of age
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 25 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a retail environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.
Verano is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities