The Harvest Specialist provides on-site support to daily harvest operations within a cannabis cultivation facility. As a Harvest Specialist, you are responsible for supporting harvest and post-harvest plant processing. Harvest Specialists may be cross-trained and asked to support other departments from time to time to meet business needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Offload, harvest, clean, and reload flower rooms.
• Weigh, record, and label post-harvest materials.
• Ensure plants are hung in specific dry rooms.
• Manage, document, and destroy cultivation waste.
• Transfer properly dried plant material to trim and production teams.
• Monitor and maintain quality control measures in accordance with state and local laws.
• Adhere to company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment within the facility and production areas.
• Immediately inform Harvest Manager of any system or process discrepancies.
• Visually inspect plants for any diseases, insects, and mold, reporting concerns to management for remediation.
• Document all activity using company’s track and trace system.
• Work within company continuous improvement system and strive to increase productivity.
• Regularly clean and sanitize harvest equipment, tools, and work areas, including applicable machines, containers, and dry rooms.
• Provide support to additional cultivation, harvest, and production teams as needed to achieve facility production goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Able to follow detailed instruction and capable of performing repetitive tasks.
• Must have a positive attitude and work well with others in a team environment.
• Willing to learn about, operate, and maintain facility equipment in a safe manner.
• Comfortable with heights, soil and water, and tight spaces.
• Ability to safely climb, squat, bend, twist, kneel and stand for at least 8 hours per day, and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be 21 years of age or older and able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
• Must comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 50 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
• Previous experience in a regulated production facility (food, beverage, CPG, etc.) preferred.
• Basic knowledge of plant structure and horticulture preferred.
Verano™ Holdings is a national, vertically-integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation, manufacturing and retail facilities dedicated to improving lives by providing safe access to effective organic cannabis products that enhance health and wellness and by positively impacting the communities it serves. Verano develops and produces a well-rounded suite of limited edition, fashion-forward cannabis products, which offer superior medicinal therapies and inspirational product options. It designs, builds and operates unique Zen Leaf™ branded dispensary environments that ensure an exceptional shopping experience with unparalleled customer service and satisfaction in both medical and adult-use markets. Verano distributes cannabis concentrates, edibles, extracts, flower and topicals under its trusted premium brands: GoldLeaf™, Menta™, Sweet Sins™, Encore Company™, Avexia™ and verano™.
Equal opportunity employer
Verano Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities