Veltiste Wellness is an ambitious cannabis start-up led by industry veterans, with multiple licenses in Michigan, Illinois, and Missouri. We are seeking a Grow Manager that will work with the Master Cultivator in managing daily operations in cultivation including processes and procedures within the propagation, vegetation, and flowering phases. The Grow Manager will adjust workflow and procedures to increase yields, efficiency, and performance, as well as oversee the Grow Techs.
• Develop and adhere to cultivation schedules to ensure plants are healthy and prepared for the flower process.
• Enforce adherence to fertilization, irrigation, and feed schedules.
• Ensure plants are receiving proper illumination, irrigation, nutrients, pruning, pest and disease control.
• Oversee proper techniques related to cultivation; transplanting, pruning, defoliation, watering, feeding, and harvesting.
• Manage plant germination and propagation through cloning efforts.
• Schedule harvest of plants based on cultivation schedule and plant maturation.
• Ensure that product is compliant with all relevant regulations and meets all standards established by the state of Michigan.
• Ensure proper labeling, tagging, and traceability of plants, including plant counts, both physically and in METRC, and correcting plant inventory discrepancies immediately.
• Assist with calculating production yields and determining areas of improvement for each harvest.
• Facilitate and oversee inspections using inventory and compliance audits.
• Monitor stock of cultivation supplies and equipment and work with Procurement to order supplies.
• Oversee tracking compliance in METRC.
• Follow up from MRA inspections, correcting any issues identified.
• Supervise and train Grow Techs, ensuring proper scheduling of staff with adequate coverage to address cultivation needs.
• Track and report the efficiency of cultivation, developing and implementing methods to improve efficiency when possible.
• Bachelor’s degree in plant sciences or agriculture related disciplines preferred.
• 2 years in a lead or management position.
• 2 years as a cultivator in a cannabis operation preferred.
• OSHA and FDA knowledge a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
• Dental insurance
• Employee discount
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 10 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
• Bonus pay
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• cannabis: 1 year (Required)
• management: 1 year (Required)
• One location
Work Location: One location