LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we're defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000's 'Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies', one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst to join our New York team. As a Sr. Data Analyst, you will gain a deep understanding of business operations, profitability drivers, goals & objectives of the business. Further you will develop an unparalleled understanding of underlying data from various systems and the methodology used to calculate KPIs and metrics across various teams at LeafLink and be able to answer a variety of business questions with speed and accuracy. You are someone who enjoys a fast paced landscape with a variety of use cases for data and are able to work across business domains. You enjoy deep analysis work, have an incredible eye for data quality issues and anomalies and the ability to explain the data and inferences clearly to senior leaders.
As a Sr. Data Analyst, you are able to work independently and largely unsupervised, support projects end to end - from understanding requirements and business questions to extracting data from databases with SQL, performing analyses and presenting results using Tableau or other BI tools while working in conjunction with cross-functional stakeholders. You are also someone who can drive pace of execution and will make decisions when blocked in conjunction with relevant stakeholders. You will work across departments to find new uses for our data and drive a deeper understanding of business drivers internally and externally. The ideal candidate should be a structured thinker able to break down problems into sub components and organize analyses and stories into logical narratives.
• Deep understanding of business processes and database rules for computing KPIs and Metrics- right from company level northstar metrics to individual team level metrics
• Act as go-to expert for all and any data source at LeafLink, especially the data warehouse
• Conducting business analysis leveraging data to deliver reports and insights
• In partnership with Data Engineering and BI Developers, build, maintain and enhancing BI products and dashboards across the LeafLink business lines
• Collaborating with other data team members and cross-functionally to identify opportunities for reporting automation
• Creating and migrating ad-hoc reporting and analysis to automated always-on reporting
• Develop a strong understanding of operational and strategic decisions that are supported by reports across the company
• Writing user documentation like how-to guides and catalogs allowing users to self-serve using BI tools
• Interacting with stakeholders to understand and document business questions in-depth and propose optimum reporting solutions using standard tools at Leaflink
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in an analytics role as an Analyst or Data Scientist sitting adjacent or embedded into business operations teams
• History of working independently and being able to manage and deliver analyses projects successfully end to end
• Past background and multiple examples working with Senior Leaders across departments and supporting decision making and reporting for executive level assignments
• History of supporting data needs for investor & board reporting, participating in diligence for fund raises, experience working in data rooms, cohort analyses and such business critical projects
• Expert level skills in writing optimized SQL for creating, updating and querying tables
• Expert level skills in building reports using Tableau
• Expert skills with spreadsheets
• Expert skills performing EDA and business analysis
• Intermediate skills in using Python for data manipulation
• Experience using statistical inference and regression modeling
• Comfortable using Git to share and manage code
• Exposure to dbt or other data modeling tools and Airflow is a strong plus
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth business with many collaborators
• Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
• Competitive compensation and 401k
• Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
• Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
• A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink's success
LeafLink's employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC's Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink's history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here .
About LeafLink LeafLink is the unified B2B cannabis platform, empowering thousands of licensed cannabis brands and retailers across North America with the tools and technology they need to streamline ordering, payments, and logistics