Who We Are
The cannabis industry is exploding. With 16 states legalized for adult use + 26 states legalized for medical use, it's safe to say the cannabis industry is here to stay (and only going to get bigger). As consumer demand continues to grow and more and more states legalize, the need for cannabis businesses to recruit great talent is also exploding. Today there are 311K people employed in the cannabis industry, by 2025 this number is expected to reach 600K. That's a lot of jobs to fill
Vangst is the leading cannabis industry's hiring platform. We help the best cannabis companies find the talent they need to grow their business. From on-demand gig workers, to seasoned executives, we've built the industry's go to talent marketplace for all cannabis hiring.
We've filled over 200,000 temporary gigs, and over 1,500 senior level positions.
What you will do
As our Junior Recruiter, you will be responsible for sourcing and screening candidates for temporary and temp-to-hire openings for our clients, you will also be approving qualified candidates, walking them through onboarding steps, and managing the relationship with them while they are working on a project.
• Actively recruit candidates to build a healthy pipeline of candidates.
• Screen candidates who create an initial profile on Vangst via phone.
• Approve candidates and walk them through the remaining steps for onboarding and arriving onsite to client projects/openings
• Ensure approved candidates complete all paperwork and orientation online.
• Achieve staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising managers internally as well as inform clients on candidate labor trends.
• Determine applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications.
• Attract applicants by placing job advertisements, and job sites.
• Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
• Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers, and interviewing applicants on a consistent set of qualifications.
• Work with CS, Marketing, and Tech team to creatively source new GIGS candidates via in-person activations (career fairs, pop-ups, etc).
Who Should Apply
• You have a "green-heart" for the cannabis industry
• Minimum 1-2 years high-volume, outbound calling experience in recruiting or applicable function
• Personable, action-oriented, and hard-working
• Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews
• Hands-on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Candidate Management Systems (CMS) preferred
• Strong decision-making skills
• Weekend availability is a must (1-3 hours at times)
• You thrive in uncertain, rapidly changing environments – no two days will be the same
• You effectively communicate position opportunity and client value proposition
• You have the ability to identify top talent and understand what each candidate brings to the table to place them with the best opportunity or client available.
• You learn proactively, always seeking to improve yourself and your knowledge base.
• You demonstrate a strong drive for results and success; convey a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations; persist despite obstacles, setbacks and competing influences
• You possess a high degree of integrity – you will handle sensitive information such as compensation and personal information, and we expect you to maintain confidentiality
Previous Experience Preferred
• Start-Up Environment
• Cannabis Industry
• Cultivation / Life Sciences
Key Attributes for Success
• A resilient and entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset
• A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
• Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
• Able to create, maintain and build professional relationships and rapport
• Have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
• Have a sound knowledge of market trends
• Flexibility - this role will be ever-changing
• A communication rockstar
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times.
• Communicating with others to exchange information.
• Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
• Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
• College degree in Human Resources or an associated field of study preferred but not required or equivalent work experience
Company Benefits & Perks
• Competitive Base Salary & Commission
• Unlimited Paid Time Off
• Participation in company stock options
• Company Sponsored Health, Dental, Vision, Long term disability insurance & Short term disability insurance
• 401(k) accounts
• Healthcare Spending Accounts
• Remote & Hybrid Work Environments
• Access to free off site work spaces
• Flexible work schedules with approval from management, based on business needs
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
• Some travel may be required
• Location: Position is available locally in Denver, Co or remote nationally.
• FLSA Status: This is a full-time salaried exempt position
Vangst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Powered by JazzHR