The TerrAscend Organization (OTCM: TRSSF) is permitted to cultivate, process, and dispense premium medical marijuana products to the medical marijuana patients in US States that have legalized medical marijuana products in a compassionate and safe manner. We are also committed to serving those states that have legalized recreational use by providing premium products. TerrAscend is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly regulated business looking to shape the future of marijuana-based therapies in the markets we serve.
The IPM Technician is responsible for carrying out tasks in a manner that follows the company's Standard Operating Procedures to support the cultivation facilities Integrated Pest Management plan. The IPM Technician will also be expected to assist the Cultivation Associates with plant maintenance, and everyday cultivation tasks as needed.
• Follow all SOPs, verbal directives, and policies when performing daily operational duties and fully comply with state regulations
• Acquire a proficient knowledge of plant diseases, insects, and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
• Follow detailed IPM plans and timelines for plant production from beginning to end of crop cycles (clone to harvest)
• Perform routine monitoring, scouting, and documentation of plant population in all stages of plant development for problems revolving around insect pests, pathogens, viruses, etc.
• Obtain a MD private pesticide applicators license
• Annually complete a respirator fit test with a certified physician if needed
• Apply crop protection agents under the direct supervision/direction of a certified pesticide applicator
• Document application of crop protection agents (Biological Control Agents, Pesticides, etc.) in accordance with MD regulations
• Identify and execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of pests and pathogens
• Maintain and clean the PPE needed for all IPM duties (e.g. Respirators, Foot-baths, Tyvek Suits/Chemical Jackets, etc.)
• Maintain/clean equipment (hand pump sprayers, heavy duty sprayers, etc.) under the direction of a certified pesticide applicator
• Assist with cleaning rooms after harvest and preparing for room re-loads
• Performs cultivation tasks as assigned
• Sweep, mop, and assist with cleaning tasks daily
Job Qualification Requirements:
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
• Must obtain and maintain a MD Private Pesticide Applicator License
• Knowledge of Integrated Pest Management methods and the ability to identify pests and pathogens specific to Cannabis
• Knowledge of growing practices, such as cloning, transplanting, pruning, training, watering, etc.
• Ability to execute techniques accurately and consistently
• Good documentation, inventory, and organizational skills
• Ability to keep to a tight schedule
• Ability to maintain excellent punctuality and attendance
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent verbal interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members
• Basic weights and measurements skills, ability to operate a scale
• Flexibility with hours and days - must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when necessary
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to pass a comprehensive background check and drug screening
The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 or more pounds and regularly move up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The team member is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employees may have exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize.
Benefits (full-time employees eligible):
• Employee Discount (all employees eligible)
• 15 days PTO (40 hours rollover allowance)
• Health, vision, and dental insurance (with telehealth option)
• 401k with 4% matching (100% vested immediately)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Parental Leave
• Life Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position