LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations
With over 5,000 retailers and more than 1,500 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $2 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Data Analyst to join our New York team. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of a strong analytical mindset and clear, concise communications of findings. You enjoy digging deep into business problems and leveraging SQL to answer both your questions as well as those from stakeholders. You are comfortable finding stories through data and can answer questions before they're asked. You will work across departments to find new uses for our data and drive a deeper understanding of business drivers internally and externally. The ideal candidate should be personable, efficient, rooted in an experimentative and fact-based mindset.
• Converting raw data into consumable, actionable insights applying appropriate business logic.
• Develop a deep understanding of the business drivers and what potential downstream implications of movements may be.
• Conduct ad hoc analysis, ranging from the development of new metrics to identifying root causes for fluctuations in volume through the platform.
• Partner with stakeholders and team leads to push forward LeafLink's thought leadership in the Cannabis Data space.
• Perform deep dives to analyze problems, identify opportunities, and suggest solutions based on findings.
• Clearly communicate your findings to a range of stakeholders to inform and educate them.
• 1-2 years experience working with large data sets to extract and surface actionable findings.
• Analytical mindset with demonstrated ability to work through complex, ambiguous problems using data.
• Degree in engineering, science, statistics, economics, finance, or related technical field.
• High level of proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets. Experience leveraging SQL a plus.
• Ability to write and present concise and structured stories through PowerPoint/Google Slides
• Experience building reporting products using BI tools like Periscope, Tableau, Looker, etc is a strong plus.
• Experience with a scripting language such as Python or R is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of modeling techniques such as time series forecasting and regression a strong plus.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth business with many collaborators.
• Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
• Exposure to dbt, Airflow, or other DAG-based workflow frameworks is a plus.
• Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
• Competitive compensation and 401k
• Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
• Company-sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
• Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
• A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink's success
About LeafLink LeafLink is the unified B2B cannabis platform, empowering thousands of licensed cannabis brands and retailers across North America with the tools and technology they need to streamline ordering, payments, and logistics