The Transportation Supervisor will assist the manager to oversee team leads and drivers within the department. They will create and implement policies and procedures to ensure department processes are consistent and effective for the business needs. They will represent our company in a professional and cost-effective manner to increase our profitability and customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
§ Develop and implement a proactive and structured maintenance plan for fleet vehicles while keeping within the designated budget
§ Multi-task in a fast-paced environment to delegate transportation assignments in the most efficient manner
§ Conduct safety audits on vehicles and equipment and organize safety training for transportation staff
§ Monitor and report transportation related expenses
§ Maintain current knowledge and understanding of legal regulations pertaining to transportation of medical cannabis
§ Assist manager to recruit, interview, train, coach, and mentor transportation staff
§ Complete daily assessments of Team lead's and drivers under his/her direction
§ Work proactively with other departments to implement routines and scheduled service based on company needs
§ Assist manager with route planning and staff scheduling
§ Maintain and monitor vehicle tracking systems and ensure compliance of fleet
Skills and Qualifications:
§ Proven working experience in the field relating to transportation and logistics
§ Prior leadership experience with the ability to professionally complete objectives
§ Must have a valid driver's license along with a good driving record (no violations)
§ Must have complete open availability as this position often requires last-minute shifts with irregular hours
§ Possess the ability to professionally and respectfully engage with personnel, visitors, government agencies and the general public.
§ Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
§ West Virginia Driver's License or ability to obtain one.
§ Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
§ Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
§ Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
§ Familiarity with DOH/DOT regulations as pertaining to the business
§ Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
§ Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
§ Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
§ Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
§ Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid West Virginia Driver's License
40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and h
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum high school diploma, preferred associate degree or above
• Must have the ability to balance customer satisfaction requirements with organizational objectives
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Proven experience in medical cannabis dispensary operations
• Some logistics experience such as driver, inventory coordinator, delivery coordinator
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts
• Must have acute organizational skills with a high aptitude for meeting objectives and maintaining detail orientation
• Aptitude to understand data to drive decisions
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Must possess a valid driver's license and a clear driving record
• Must be able to pass a level 1 and level 2 background check and drug screening
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must possess the mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the job duties
• Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
• Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
• Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
• Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on departmental needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve's objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service .
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace
Level 2 Background check required
Position Logistics Expeditor
Division Trulieve, INC
Post Internal Days 0
Number of Openings 1
Number Filled 0
Req Number LOG-21-00004
Open Date 10/4/2021
Location West Virginia
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications