Our brand is an award-winning, design focused, legal cannabis retailer. We believe that cannabis is good, and that our guests’ shopping experience should be nothing short of great. We aim to create a culture of warmth to empower conscious, confident cannabis shopping & consumption without stigma, intimidation or pressure.
We are looking for passionate professional Assistant Store Managers to join our team!
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the business goals by maintaining our exceptional guest experience and assisting in the development of the store team. Working as the Store Manager’s right hand, you maximize brand awareness and drive sales. You are part of a new lifestyle brand and are committed to sharing its core values with customers.
Our ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, passionate and open to learning all facets of the business. With experience in retail leadership, you are capable of motivating a team of outgoing, results-oriented sales staff that act as brand ambassadors inside and outside of the store. You thrive in environments where you work as part of a team to problem solve and overcome challenges. Recognizing that we operate in a burgeoning industry, you see the immense value in our retail locations as billboards for the brand and take pride in improving all aspects of the store to ensure the store’s success within the recreational cannabis landscape.
- Meet sales targets and ensure the business achieves profitability by supporting the Store Manager in controlling costs (labour, supplies, inventory etc.).
- Deliver exceptional customer service and cultivate lasting customer relationships; set the tone for sales staff to emulate.
- Demonstrate strong time management and organization skills to keep priorities in focus.
- Stay up to date with product knowledge, company information, new launches, campaigns and promotions.
- Support the Store Manager to ensure staff are engaged and educated on all products and promotions.
- Partner with the Store Manager to ensure the staffing schedule meets the needs of the business.
- May assist the Store Manager with the human resource activities which include recruitment, training, developing and motivating staff, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, and handling union issues where applicable.
- Assist with POS transactions and end of day cash reconciliation report any discrepancies.
- Support with maintaining the product card library, merchandise and store product.
- Partner with the Store Manager to drive sales and brand awareness.
- Report on any suspicious incidents of guest or team member behavior to Store Manager.
- Assist Store Manager with any required store audits to maintain accuracy and compliance to company standards.
- Support the Store Manager with the store’s Health and Safety programs, following legislated programs and reporting requirements.
- Enforce all company policies and programs, ensuring compliance.
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation.
- Create relationships with local businesses and participate in community events.
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience in the retail or related service industry.
- Minimum 1 years work in a leadership capacity.
- Minimum 1 years work in a Unionized environment.
- High School diploma and or post-secondary education in Business Accounting courses or equivalent will be considered an asset.
- A leader with a proven ability to train others and retain talent.
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that builds loyalty.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful, creative and solution-oriented with ability to plan, prioritize and organize.
- Identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business.
- Strong desire to develop and motivate a sales team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- You are passionate about cannabis and are excited to bring it to market for recreational purposes.
- You demonstrate high levels of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in a regulated environment before.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Available to work rotating shifts including: days, evenings, weekdays, weekends, some holidays.
- Valid CannSell certification or ability to obtain certification.
2161907 Alberta Ltd. (Brand Licence Holder Tokyo Smoke Ontario) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Customer service: 3 years (preferred)