Vice President, Accounting and Finance - Atlanta, GA
SweetWater Brewing Co.
Tilray is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
About SweetWater Brewing Company
SweetWater Brewing Company is seeking a personable, reliable, and driven lover of the good life, who embraces our 420-lifestyle. If you are a self-starter who knows how to work and play hard, and you have an unwavering passion for independent, craft beer; grab your kayak and hop in the river with us! .
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
The Vice President of Accounting directs and manages company financial functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivables, payroll, accounting processes in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), financial analysis and budgeting. The position will supervise accounting staff in carrying out all daily, weekly, monthly, and annual financial/accounting activities. The VP of Accounting ensures all financial transactions are properly recorded in the Great Plains software. This position is expected to constantly strive to make the business process more effective and efficient while strengthening the underlying internal control system. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Role and Responsibilities
• Manages the daily accounting activities of the Company’s financial functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, financial reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, ad hoc projects and annual audit
• Analyzes company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets, issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management
• Assists senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking
• Ensures timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for management team
• Recommends and develops policies, procedures, and systems to meet company objectives
• Builds, develops, and manages finance team
• Audits the work of the accounting department
• Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with thorough knowledge of GAAP
• Minimum 8 years accounting experience
• Experience in public accounting preferred
• Strong computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to quickly learn new systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external parties
• Self-starter with a strong team-oriented disposition with the ability to effectively support and encourage team members
• Ability to focus on execution and results; is metrics and data drives and promotes transparent responsibility and accountability
• Leadership and team management experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects
• CPA preferred
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers and scanners
• This is a largely sedentary role, however, some filing is required which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary
• Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to [email protected]