Sanitation Associate – Leamington ON.
Midnight Shift - OR- Day/Afternoon Swing Shift
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Sanitation Supervisor, this position will provide janitorial support to Tilray’s Sanitation Department in Leamington, On.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
- Sweep and mop all floors
- Gather and empty trash cans
- Service, clean and supply all washrooms
- Responsible for facility cleaning as per GPP requirements (Good Production Practices)
- Follow procedure for the use of chemical cleaners
- Notify manager concerning the need for major repairs on building
- Perform inventory checks on all cleaning supplies
- Maintain daily cleaning log and schedule as directed
- Other production duties may be assigned as required.
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
- Previous experience working in a janitorial/sanitation position would be preferred
- Previous experience working in a greenhouse, food or manufacturing facility would be considered an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to perform tedious/repetitive tasks with a high level of quality
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Successful applicants will be asked to provide a general police clearance
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and safety lift up to 25lbs
- Must have good dexterity with a keen eye for precision while conducting repetitive tasks
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time (I.e. gloves, lab coat, hair net)
- Must be able to work in an enclosed and secure work area
- Due to the nature of the business and working with controlled substances, all new employees will be required to complete a background check prior to starting work. This may include: verifying work references, validating all credentials and criminal record checks.
- It is a requirement that the selected Candidate be legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer is presented.
Internal Candidates: For any internal applicants, we ask that you bring a hard copy of your resume with a supporting cover letter to the Human Resources Office, send a direct email to our Talent Acquisition Specialist or apply online at https://www.tilray.com/careers
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Tilray is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.