Production / Sanitation Technician - Winnipeg, Manitoba
Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp food products to consumers across North America. Our mission is to inspire a better way, a better life & a better world – and it’s up to us to sow these seeds of change. Our mission is to improve consumer health through the power of hemp foods.
We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY), a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in thirteen countries spanning five continents.
Manitoba Harvest has 2 Openings for a Production / Sanitation Technician to join our Production team located at our Winnipeg facility at 69 Eagle Drive. These positions will be on our Weekend Shifts:
1 position Day shift: Friday to Sunday 6:00am - 6:00pm (Weekends)
1 position Night Shift: Friday to Sunday 6:00pm – 6:00am (Weekends)
The Production / Sanitation Technician will be responsible for working on the dehulling line and responsible for the operation of the processing equipment and for the cleaning and sanitation of equipment. Adheres to all organizational standards as well as safety regulations and guidelines.
Roles and responsibilities
• Operate and attend to manual and automated equipment in the production process operation
• Perform all functions as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures while operating specified equipment
• Understand and review the product through specified production process, recognizing areas of defect and taking appropriate actions to rectify them
• Conduct all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards
• Disassembles, cleans, sanitizes and reassembles various pieces of equipment as required for sanitation process
• Ensures materials and supplies are staged prior to the beginning of the shift
• Keeps work area clean and performs general housekeeping as required
• Performs product quality checks as per procedures
• Performs minor or daily equipment maintenance
• Maintains all necessary documentation associated with tasks performed
• Complies with all Safety and Food Quality policies and procedures
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment – food strongly preferred
• Experience in processing and machine operation or food sanitation experience.
• Knowledge of PLC controlled equipment and asset
• Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
• Reading, writing and speaking English
• Ability to work required weekend shift schedule
Tilray/Manitoba Harvest welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to [email protected]