Tilray is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Director of Maintenance, the Maintenance Technician - Equipment Maintenance will be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the facilities. This job does require schedule flexibility.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy work environment by following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), SOPs, and comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Perform preventative maintenance on harvesting, processing, extraction, and packaging equipment.
- Record and maintain maintenance log and advise manager on required repairs or parts required.
- Ability to effectively respond to equipment breakdowns and other unplanned maintenance requirements to maintain continuous operations of equipment.
- Observe, investigate, diagnose, and report equipment maintenance issues.
- Dismantle, repair, assemble, and move equipment as required.
- Assist with new equipment installations and modifications.
- Must be able to quickly assess equipment issues and repair and/or replace defective parts maintaining equipment uptime.
- Assist multi-disciplinary teams to assess and determine root causes of equipment issues.
- Hands-on approach to working on and troubleshooting equipment processes.
- Assist in training production associates in general operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Must be a team player with ability to work and lead in a lightning-fast-paced environment with multi-functional groups and prioritize multiple work streams.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Skilled Trades Certification: Electrician 422A, Electrician 309A, Millwright 433A
- Technical aptitude and proven hands-on ability to setup, operate, and maintain harvest, processing, extraction, and packaging equipment. Prior experience with automation is an asset.
- Excellent skills in analyzing and diagnosing electro-mechanical issues and the ability to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to read blueprints, service manuals, and schematics to troubleshoot equipment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
- Must be available to work in a 24 hour / 3-shift environment.
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to [email protected]