Controller - Duncan, BC
About Broken Coast
Broken Coast Cannabis is a federally licensed cannabis producer based in British Columbia. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated and adhere to Canada’s Cannabis Regulations. We pride ourselves on our quality product and personal service.
About Tilray Brands Inc.
Tilray Brands is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Broken Coast is growing, and we’re looking to add a dynamic, energetic person to our Finance team!
The Controller will be a key leader for the accounting operations of a rapidly growing company. Responsibilities include preparing month-end closing reconciliations, maintaining internal controls and managing all aspects of the general ledger for our Broken Coast operation. In addition to the oversight of accounting, this role will be responsible for completing and presenting the annual budgets and monthly forecasts for senior management. The Controller will play an integral role for process improvement and site level strategic decision making.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Direct the monthly close process, including review of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and analytical review procedures in accordance with U.S. GAAP (IFRS or ASPE experience is acceptable)
- Perform overall financial statement analytical reviews, variance analysis and review all subjective accounts
- Assist in managing the external auditors
- Managing the budget to actual review process with key department leaders
- Assist with process improvement and automation
- Oversee and lead the completion of the budget and forecasts with operational leaders at the Broken Coast facility
- Review financial data on a monthly basis and consult with VP of Finance and Corporate Controller about problems or discrepancies
- Preferred BA in Accounting or Finance with CPA designation with the following experience:
- 3 years of progressive experience in public accounting firm, or
- 2 years of direct management experience
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented individual who will drive process improvements
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities within structured deadlines and deliverables
Tilray Brands welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information).
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray Brands, please send an email inquiry to [email protected]