Meet Manitoba Harvest
Manitoba Harvest is owned by Tilray, a global pioneer in the medical and recreational cannabis industry and hemp foods markets.
Manitoba Harvest , the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and wellness products to consumers across North America. Our mission is to transform consumer health through the power of hemp foods.
About the Opportunity
Manitoba Harvest has and opening for a Production Technician to join our Production team. This position is based out of our Hemp Oil Canada facility located in Ste. Agathe, MB - an enjoyable 15-minute drive south of the perimeter on Highway 75.
The Agronomist plays a key role in the farm operations through assisting in crop and supply planning, contract negotiations to ensure annual supply goals. They will establish strong relationships with growers and associated industry groups ad play a critical role in with growers to ensure crop maintenance and improvement and increasing agronomic knowledge base of growers resulting in success in crop yields.
The Agronomist's key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer farm contract program developing customer and supplier relationships.
- Signing growers to grain contracts to achieve annual crop production goals; may require negotiation
- Analyze our existing and potential customers and identify other competition in the area;
- Creates and recommends specific agronomic programs with the goal of increasing grower profitability and product quality
- Trouble-shoot or communicate on production or supply chain quality issues, using the internal support network from members of the Farm Operations team or from other responsible departments
- Contributes to continuous improvement plans for farm supply of product to remain competitive or to improve company sustainability goals
- Analyzes crop conditions and delivers sound agronomic advice or recommendations.
- Works with Seed Manager to report initial harvest inventory levels
- Assists in the development and implementation of supply chain programs to improve the quality of incoming raw materials
- Designs and utilizes marketing and communication tools to increase grower education
- Manages relationships with growers to ensure acceptable level of customer service in a courteous and professional manner and provide customer education
- Organizes and implements research activities with the aim of increasing knowledge of hemp agronomy
- Plans and participates in grower meetings, tours, and trade shows to promote the Company and hemp production
- Networks with growers, industry members, and government personnel to influence support for the company and hemp production
- Other duties as assigned by the organization.
- Analytical Thinking / Problem solving
- Customer Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Post-secondary degree Agriculture or related field.
- 3+ years working experience in Agronomy, plant science or related field
- Field/ crop management experience
- Ability to build strong relationships and trust with growers and suppliers
- Strong Analytical skills to forecast trends, issues and impacts on crop and grower management
- Ability to develop and administer farm contract program
- Strong report writing, communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Valid drivers license and reliable vehicle
- Travel required
- Fluctuations in work time requirements during busy growing season
- Attending farm/ crop fields
- Standing walking for long periods
- Interacts with growers, team members and management
- Computer usage
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Fresh Hemp Foods Ltd. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Tilray/Manitoba Harvest welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Manitoba Harvest, please send an email inquiry to i n f o s e c @tilray.com