is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly
Reporting to the VP, Business Intelligence and Planning, the Manager, Consumer Insights is responsible for leading and developing the consumer insights strategy to help drive the organization’s understanding, connection, and relevance with target consumers. In this role, the successful candidate will provide support in shaping the Company’s marketing and innovation strategy by better informing leadership decision making with methodically collected and validated consumer insights.
• Establish standards for collecting and actioning quantitative and qualitative insights by working with marketing and category management teams; lead and manage research projects to ensure they meet time and budget parameters
• Champion the consumer perspective by developing a deep understanding of their behaviors and usage occasions to allow for the best representation of the consumer mindset in key strategic discussions
• Lead all aspects of Consumer Research: from recommending methodologies, identifying, and collaborating with vendors, managing design and scope of research, to independently managing all aspects of testing including recruiting, data collection/fielding and the comprehensive reporting of actionable insights
• Lead Market & Trend Analysis: Lead synthesis and communication of market, retail, and consumer trends; ensure that relevant trends are acted upon in product and marketing strategies to stay at the leading edge of consumer and market trends
• Build and maintain relationships with internal business partners, including marketing, sales, brand communications, innovation, and operations
• Function as consumer advocate to represent customer’s voice in business decisions
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
• 5+ years of Consumer Products Marketing Research experience, with demonstrated Business Analytics capabilities and impact or equivalent
• CPG background is an asset
• Experience leading and conducting survey research end-to-end, including questionnaire development, programming, sample management, data weighting, analysis, and report writing
• Strong knowledge of multiple insights tools and processes, both quantitative and qualitative
• Proven track record of delivering actionable business recommendations, influencing decisions, and impacting results
• Demonstrated ability to identify, articulate and uncover interconnectedness of deep consumer insights, data-driven insights, and marketplace trends
• Experience in a fast-paced environment and ability to be successful through ambiguity
• Ability to manage a portfolio of research projects with multiple business partners in a dynamic and evolving organization
• Strong influencing and partnership skills across large matrixed organizations a plus
• Demonstrated analytical skills (analyzing data, deriving insights); Demonstrated knowledge of syndicated services
• Effective consulting and interpersonal/collaboration skills
• Excellent written, oral, presentation and storytelling skills
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly