We are a family-owned and -operated licensed recreational cannabis store in Vanier. Owned by locals that grew up in the neighbourhood, we fit right in and care about our community.
We are looking to grow our team and are seeking out new Grovers!
The Grove is all about bringing the inside out and vice versa by unifying opposite elements. It is our mission to provide familiarity and comfort with an absolute zero tolerance for pretending. We’re inviting you to the newest extension of your living room. Feel at home when you come to our shop and stay a while. We listen, we connect, we share great products and our in-depth knowledge on all things cannabis. We love this magical plant and what legalization is doing for our community. Our industry is vast, and we are so excited to watch where it continues to take us.
We would love to have you come to work in our space and empower cannabis users together. We want to create a new normal while still staying true to our traditional cannabis roots. Good weed and good people. Let’s set the vibe in Vanier. You in?
We’re looking to fill a Full-Time Budtender/Delivery Driver position.
This position offers:
· Guaranteed Full-Time hours: 35-40+ per week
· Paid overtime after 40 hours of work per week
· Consistent schedule & days off
· Flexibility for Time-Off Requests (within reason)
· Positive and healthy workplace culture
· Fun team environment
· Store Discount
· Opportunity to enter the Cannabis Industry
· CannSell Certification (required)
· Valid Driver's License and working vehicle (paid per kilometer)
· Level 2 Criminal Record Check (required before start date)
· Budtending experience (preferred)
· Fluent in English (Bilingual is an asset)
· Must be 19+ years of age, as required by the Provincial Government
· Must be willing to wear a mask (face covering) during shift
· Passionate about cannabis, its history, and the up-and-coming industry
· Positive attitude and outgoing personality
· Open to developing authentic connections with our community & clientele
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· High levels of integrity, honesty, and loyalty
· Respectful and punctual
· Greet all visitors in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner
· Be warm, engaging and polite with all clientele
· Checking identification to ensure customer age-requirements are met
· Ring customers through cash efficiently in a friendly and focused manner
· Comfortably discuss current cannabis menu and explain how to use any accessory in house
· Educate fellow employees on your personal cannabis industry knowledge
· Engage in purposeful discussions about cannabis
· Incorporate a team-player attitude, uplifting your coworkers
· Keep store organized and clean – Daily Open/Close duties
· Report to manager/supervisor and complete all tasks given
· Follow all rules and regulations set out by the AGCO (Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario) as well as the Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation
Please, send your resume and cover letter addressed to Hailey and Amanda : )
Check us out:
@thegroveottawa - Instagram & Facebook
~ Flower To The People & Peace and Love ~
Reference ID: 03817
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
All customers are required to wear a mask (unless exempt). Highly touched surfaces are cleaned hourly. Curbside pick up available.