The Flowr Corporation is a global cannabis company that exists to cultivate better people, plants and products. Based in Toronto, we operate globally in Canada and Portugal.
In Canada, our operating campus in Kelowna, BC is situated in the Okanagan Valley, an epicentre of cannabis cultivation. This campus produces recreational and medicinal cannabis from a purpose-built, GMP-designed indoor cultivation facility, an outdoor and greenhouse cultivation site, and state-of-the-art R&D facility.
Internationally, The Flowr Corporation will meet growing global medicinal cannabis demand through its subsidiary Holigen. Licensed to cultivate in Portugal, Holigen will operate GMP-designed cultivation facility. Our goal is to be the #1 choice of consumers and patients alike, and our established experts in cannabis cultivation, regulated industries and consumer goods aim to meet that goal responsibly, everywhere we operate.
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy, the Demand Planner - Forecast & Sales Analyst is an integral part of the planning and supply chain process and is the primary link between Operations and the Commercial team. The individual in this role will be responsible for creating and implementing disciplined sales forecasting and analysis to build a reliable forecast for future product demands to help drive operational priorities and execution. Furthermore, this role will require a technical ability to synthesize multiple data inputs and create consolidated dashboards that best illustrates meaningful insights for planning, decision making and to support key retail account relationships. This role will focus on balancing supply and demand to ensure availability of the right product at the right time, with heavy emphasis on problem solving, internal collaboration, and decision making. A strong understanding of the end-to-end supply chain, planning cycles, inventory management, and demand planning fundamentals and processes are critical to success.
CORE JOB DUTIES
• Create, monitor, and maintain S&OP demand process to support and drive business objectives including metrics and key performance indicators, identifying potential risks, opportunities, and mitigation activities
• Consolidate and analyze demand and supply information for operational and strategic plans, and uses data to drive on-time delivery, establish lead times, and inventory turns
• Maintain and develop tools to analyze demand, consolidate results, evaluate the impact of operational delays on financial targets
• Monitor sell through to establish appropriate safety stock and replenishment plans for all business segments
• Review, validate, and communicate accurate Demand Plans to all areas of the business, including Finance, Sales, Operations, Procurement, and Logistics
• Perform consolidated gap analysis on initial forecasted plan vs actual
• Customer (Boards), key accounts and consumer insights – owner of data sources and insights creation.
• Price modelling (e.g., market trending on elasticity, unit economics).
• Engine to drive the process, but in collaboration with other functions (e.g., commercial, finance and operations).
• Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies, while ensuring cross-functional alignment.
• Conduct monthly forecast maintenance.
• Assist in ad hoc analytical tasks as required
• Broad knowledge and understanding of planning concepts and common business functions and practices, including but not limited to, operational planning, inventory management, demand planning, records management, and reporting
• Analytics as a core skill, with statistics/mathematical background and capacity to produce automatized spreadsheets and visualization.
• No need to have SQL background, VBA is an asset.
• Agile ability in manipulating different sources of data. Able to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities, and requirements
• Business and financial acumen.
• Comfort in presenting and working with a senior management audience.
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process
• Self-motivated and efficient time management skills
• Former experience in the following are an asset:
• Cannabis or other up and coming industries (i.e., comfortable with unsophisticated data sources).
• Demand planning.
• Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills
• Experience working with databases and knowledge of SQL programming language considered an asset
• Knowledge of VBA programming, macros, and Power BI or other BI Tools considered an asset
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role within a growth-oriented environment
• Prior cannabis or CPG experience is an asset
This is an exciting opportunity to join a promising and exciting industry with lots of room for career growth and development. Work alongside a skilled, professional and passionate team that genuinely intends to make a mark in this rapidly growing industry.
The Company is a committed equal opportunity employer. Flowr’s recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, only job related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Flowr prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. The Company believes in integration and equal opportunity. The Company is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility, removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law. Apply Now