The Fire Station Cannabis, LLC
The Fire Station (TFS) operates as a series of Marijuana Facilities within the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. TFS holds valid state and municipal operating licenses and strives to exceed compliance standards at the highest level. Beginning in 2019 with less than ten employees, our business is now growing rapidly and welcomes new employees who are interested in a career in the cannabis industry. As a Marijuana Retail Facility, our operations involve welcoming customers 21 + years of age into our facility to view and purchase high quality marijuana products. A team of employees all work together to provide customers with top notch customer service and cannabis knowledge to aid them in their cannabis experience.
Job Title: Budtender
Roles - Budtenders perform the core interaction with the customers, the salesperson of cannabis products. Budtenders are knowledgeable about a variety of cannabis products, and can provide detailed descriptions and explanations of products to customers. Budtenders help customers find products specific to their needs and perform sales transactions, while restocking products on the sales floor as necessary.
- Responsible for properly completing sales transactions, recommends products to customers
- Monitors product quantities, labeling, and restocking activities
- Responsible for assisting with facility compliance by following rules and standards with inventory restocking and completing transactions
- Ensure that products being sold to customers match the METRC and related tracking information associated with that product.
- Collecting and counting cash; identifying potential fraud cash bills
- Responsible for keeping the budroom display shelves and workspace clean and representable for customers
- Complete and sign required checklists for end of shift duties, including sanitation and facility upkeep
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Works well under pressure and deadlines, ability to multitask
- Must have excellent cash handling abilities
Education & Experience
- Must have adequate cannabis product knowledge
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with POS systems
- High school education required, higher education preferred
- Must have at least 1 year of retail experience
- State & Municipal Law - TFS operates in full compliance with all rules and regulations enforced by the State of Michigan’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) and Marihuana Regulatory Agency (MRA). Further, TFS operates in full compliance with the rules and regulations of each municipality they are located within. To operate in compliance with such rules and regulations, employees are required to follow all policies created and enforced by and within TFS facilities.
- Prolonged periods standing at a sales counter and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds at a time
- Must be able to remain calm and collected in a busy retail environment
- May have to perform job duties outside of the facility if offering curbside services
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have NO felony convictions
- Background Check/Satisfactory professional reference checks
- Valid form of photo identification
EOE Statement: TFS is committed and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. TFS does not discriminate against race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status of any qualified applicant. TFS is fully compliant with all fair employment practices and strives to create a diverse, unbiased work environment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Starting at $15.00 plus tips