At Texas Original Compassionate Cultivation, our mission is to create the highest quality medicine that changes people’s lives. We stand beside all who believe in safe, legal and effective access to this powerful medicine. As fellow Texans, we see this as our responsibility to take care of our neighbors. Our vision is to transform Texas through the power and the truth of medical cannabis. We work for physicians and their patients with current qualifying conditions to supply prescription cannabis that can change lives.
As an Analytical Chemist, you’ll be part of a team that is critical to our mission of creating the highest quality medicine that changes people’s lives. In this role, you’ll ensure that analytical testing is conducted safely and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), the principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and regulatory requirements. You will work in a fast-paced laboratory environment and be challenged to solve problems requiring intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, focus and organization.
• Ensure products of known and documented quality through performing analysis safely and in accordance with SOPs, internal quality systems, GLP, and all applicable regulations.
• Prepare and analyze samples of various matrices to support cultivation, production, manufacturing, and research activities.
• Operate, calibrate, perform maintenance, and troubleshoot complex analytical instrumentation including High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer (GCMS) and Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP).
• Analyze samples for microbiological contamination.
• Participate in organizational safety program and work safely within guidelines of OSHA Laboratory Standard including use of Protective Personal Equipment (PPE).
• Support development and validation of analytical methods.
• Ensure traceability through generating, organizing and managing records of sample preparation, analytical test results, standards and reagents.
• Manage all hazardous/non-hazardous waste generated by analytical processes and transfer to appropriate collection areas.
• Manage inventory of laboratory consumables.
What you'll need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or related field
• 2+ years of analytical laboratory experience
• Method development and validation
• Accredited laboratory
• Understanding of chemical principles and methods, including working safely with hazardous chemicals
• Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to details and schedules
• Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, proactive and able to prioritize and take initiative
Texas Original Compassionate Cultivation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer