TerrAscend is a leading North American cannabis operator with vertically integrated licensed operations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and California, licensed cultivation and processing operations in Maryland, and licensed processing operations in Canada. TerrAscend operates a chain of The Apothecarium Dispensary retail locations, as well as scaled cultivation, processing, and manufacturing facilities on both the east and west coasts of the US. TerrAscend’s cultivation and manufacturing practices yield consistent, high-quality cannabis, providing industry-leading product selection to both the medical and adult-use markets.
Please visit www.TerrAscend.com for more information about the Company.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant, Reporting & Corporate Accounting to join our Corporate finance team in NYC (hybrid). The Senior Accountant, Reporting & Corporate Accounting will assist in all areas relating to external and internal financial reporting as well as technical accounting guidance. The ideal candidate will have a blend of public accounting and industry experience and be able to thrive and get things done in a fast-paced start-up environment.
This role is currently remote but will eventually be hybrid.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the preparation of the financial statement footnotes and MD&A for annual reports and the preparation of Form 10-Ks and Form 10-Qs
• Compiling information from business units to create supporting schedules, content and notes for the external financial statement filings
• Assist with the preparation of other filings including debt covenants and government accounting reports
• Researching technical accounting issues under US GAAP, including the preparation of accounting memos and policies
• Maintain accounting records and perform monthly close process for the US Corporate entity
• Prepare/review monthly reconciliations on bank and other relevant accounts
• Prepare monthly US corporate financial statements and analysis and review with Corporate Controller
• Facilitating year-end external audits and interim reviews as needed
• Continuously monitor, recommend, and implement process improvement initiatives to increase effectiveness and productivity
• Maintain financial controls and policies to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
• Other ad-hoc filings and projects as needed
Required Qualifications and Education
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
• A minimum of 5+ years of public experience or public/private in a major public accounting firm and/or a multinational company in similar capacity (SEC/External reporting and financial policy)
• Microsoft Excel proficient
• Strong technical accounting skills and up-to-date knowledge of the latest accounting standards
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills necessary
• Demonstrated experience in external financial reporting and analysis with a strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and practices.
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, in an ambiguous and developing structure
• Self-starter, well-organized with excellent attention to detail and a continuous process improvement mindset
• Direct, relevant experience with working in mid- to large-scale ERP systems
• Ability to comfortably interact with senior management in a professional manner
• Track record of meeting tight working deadlines, and prioritizing workload are essential
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete criminal and reference check.
TerrAscend thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
TerrAscend is a supporter of AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act). Accommodation will be provided to all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
TerrAscend is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer