Organization: The TerrAscend Organization (OTCM: TRSSF) is permitted to cultivate, process, and dispense premium medical marijuana products to the medical marijuana patients in US States that have legalized medical marijuana products in a compassionate and safe manner. We are also committed to serving those states that have legalized recreational use by providing premium products. TerrAscend is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly regulated business looking to shape the future of marijuana-based therapies in the markets we serve.
The Director of Strategy & Insights will be responsible for defining and implementing a commercial insights strategy across the TerrAscend Northeast business unit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Define vision for and implementation of commercial insights strategy
• Create roadmap, learning objectives, priorities, deliverables and performance metrics to build foundational insights capabilities
• Own data and research vendor relationships, including Headset
• Oversee reporting & visualization
• Develop plan to train / educate NE team
Summarize & interpret US cannabis trends & themes
• Provide insights and thought leadership to support innovation, market expansion, brand development, marketing and other key business functions
• Brief NELT on emerging formats, strains, brands
• Sources: Primary qualitative, internal and external research
Establish Best-in-Class reporting tools
• Oversee strategy to monitor health of existing business in PA / NJ / MD and future markets
• Report on KPIs, including market share, growth, pricing and competitive performance
• Generate x-functional insights for NELT to drive in-market decision making
• Sources: BDSA, Hoodie, Headset + others TBD
Generate & action NE Sales & Retail insights
• Inform and identify opportunities for SVPs of Sales & Retail on competitive assortment, sell-thru, pricing and other market indicators
• Support SVPs and field teams with compelling, insights-centric sales stories
• Sources: BDSA, Hoodie, Headset + others TBD
Perform Project-based analyses
• Serve as market insights lead for strategic projects, such as NJ adult use launch
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• 5-7+ years of experience working within strategy and insights for rapidly growing organizations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration required; MBA is a plus
• Experience in multiple-entity environment
• Experience in CPG wholesale, manufacturing, and/or retail companies; highly regulated industry experience preferred
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Experience building out reporting tools
• Strong organizational, time management, analytical, problem-solving skills
• Adaptable and able to manage shifting priorities effectively
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, geared to relevant audience
• Self-Started; self-directed and able to work independently as well as an effective part of a team
• ** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check. Individuals that have been convicted of a criminal offense related to the sale or possession of illegal drugs, narcotics or controlled substances may not hold a position with TerrAscend.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position