The Product Label & Compliance Control Manager is responsible for providing hands on management of all functions associated with the operations of product label control including ordering, receiving, printing, application, quality control, optimization, and providing input into supply planning activities.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with CPG labels and cannabis production operations, have the ability to multitask in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision, is able to work in a fast-paced environment with the flexibility to meet changing needs and demands and work as part of a cross-functional team servicing the needs of the commercial team through various lines of business.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of product label productions including ordering, receiving, printing, application, quality control and storage.
· Responsible for all labelling across all lines including management of all printing devices and label supplies.
· Provide solutions to optimize implementation of product label operations; identify root causes when issues occur with equipment or process and develop, recommend, communicate, and implement corrective actions and lessons learned.
· Organize and clean label control area after each run to ensure accuracy of labels used.
· Safely dispose off excessive labels not needed for operations.
· Manage and track product label inventory, ensuring daily counts are accurate and recorded.
· Ensure all applicable regulatory requirements are met within the procedures and practices of the Label Control department.
· Analyzes production schedule to plan and coordinate work order flow through label department and responsible to maintain inventory of labels and printing supplies.
· Effectively plan for upcoming demands and communicate with other internal and external groups as needed.
· Track printer maintenance and performance and troubleshoot for any issues identified in the equipment.
Perform any other duties or tasks on an as-needed basis as requested by management.
Qualifications and Requirements
· 2+ years experience working in CPG environment with specific experience in label operations.
· College or University education in supply chain management or related field of study.
· Strong proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office products.
· Demonstrated effectiveness performing tasks requiring a strong attention to detail.
· Experience managing, monitoring, and maintaining Zebra thermal-transfer and direct-thermal printers such at the ZT411 and ZD421.
· Experience managing, monitoring, and maintaining Epson C6XXX series colour label printers, including managing an external unwinder/rewinder system.
· Exposure to NiceLabel Cloud label management software. Experience with NiceLabel designer also desirable.
· Experience with laser coding and direct-to-pouch TTO (Thermal Transfer Overprint) technologies is considered an asset.
· Experience with ERP systems is considered an asset.
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
· Must be able to provide a clear criminal record check (RPIC status not required but an asset).
We appreciate the interest from all candidates; however, we will be contacting only those that best fit our client’s requirements.
Terra Recruitment welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate: