Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic industry that will continuously challenge you and keep you on your toes? Do you have your RPIC Health Canada Security Clearance?
As the Production Lead, you will oversee and assist the processing, packaging, and labeling activities of all products produced at Tantalus Labs. You will ensure that the required number of units are created within quality and schedule parameters and assist with the supervision of staff and temporary labourers. This will include working closely with department specialists in the supervision, training, and guidance of production workers. You will be a key player in transforming our sustainably cultivated, rainwater-fed cannabis into finished products, such as cannabis pre-rolls and jars of cannabis flower.
This is a full-time leadership role for evening and weekend shifts.
Are you an RPIC but don’t have leadership experience? Contact us at to see if we have another role fit for you
Who You Are
• Team Leader - you are supportive of the Team’s final decisions and work to build consensus within the group
• Proactive - you are someone that not only asks questions, but also actively seeks out the answers
• Detail oriented - you are thorough and can follow specific instructions. You take pride in being accurate in your work, no matter how small
• Adaptable - you respond to changes with a positive attitude and have a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work objectives
• Reliable - you are very dependable and are able to effectively work through technical challenges with team members
• Communicator - you have no problems interacting with employees at all levels of the organization
What We Are Looking For
• Must have Health Canada Security Clearance Status
• Minimum 2 years of experience in production or manufacturing operations, not limited to cannabis
• Ability to consistently lift 20lbs from floor
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience leading / managing a team
• Knowledge of and experience with compliance requirements of cannabis production and processes an asset
What You’ll Be Doing
• Support the day-to-day organization, coordination and training of the Production workforce
• Acting as the person responsible for Tantalus production during evening/weekend shifts when management is offsite
• Operate production equipment and materials are ready each time work starts, including cannabis flower trimming equipment, hash making equipment, and packaging and labeling equipment
• Maintain record accuracy, schedule targets (KPI’s) and run times, and plan production quantities
• Liaise with the Operation Managers to identify production milestones and address production risks
• Support the development and maintenance of the production schedule, resource planning, production work hours, drivers, and updates to related records and systems
• Perform production operations and related tasks as directed with accuracy and consistency including but not limited to, transportation of cannabis product between drying, processing, and storage facilities, creation of filled pre-roll cones, record keeping of processing related tasks and production volumes
• Comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Production Practices (GPP's) under the Health Canada Regulations
• Maintain a sanitary and organized work environment
Who We Are
Tantalus Labs is committed to Sungrown, legal cultivation of world class cannabis products. Wholly owned and operated in British Columbia, we are a team of specialized horticulturists, scientists, engineers, and designers committed to the advancement of agricultural science. We believe that passion for natural, #Sungrown cultivation methods will usher in a brighter future for cannabis.
Tantalus operates , a 120,000 square foot, state of the art production facility in Maple Ridge. The company was founded in 2012 to revolutionize cannabis cultivation methods, using closed system greenhouses at the cutting edge of agricultural science.
With the help of a community of like minds, we are building a #SunGrown future.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
• Consistent schedule with paid breaks
• Extended benefits package after passing probation
• Life insurance after passing probation
• Continuous growth and development
• Discount on products
• Must be available for working evening and weekend shifts
• Inter-divisional cooperation and collaboration as required by company needs;
• Working outdoors and/or within a climate controlled greenhouse or enclosed trimming room
• Physically demanding work including standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting
• Working in an environment that has pollen and other plant materials in the air
• Repetitive work in a production environment
Tantalus offers a competitive compensation package and is committed to ongoing career development.
The successful candidate may need to pass a criminal background check and may be required to obtain security clearance from the Federal Government of Canada’s Office of Medical Cannabis.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR