(This opportunity has a target start date of May 2nd, 2022. We are being proactive in our search and ask that candidates be mindful when applying. )
Everyone is welcome here
. Each of us is unique, and that s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person s individuality, because there s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL
Goodblend Texas, a Parallel company, is looking for a Lead Analytic Chemist with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to testing of final dosage forms derived from cannabis. This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic. If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, we offer the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up.
This role is with Goodblend,one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Implementing established therapeutics and Industry best practices for testing therapeutic cannabis-based products. Testing to include potency, heavy metal, pesticide, residual solvent and microbiologic contamination analyses
• Conducting daily duties related to analytic testing process of therapeutic cannabis-based products
• Maintaining appropriate records related to quality control and testing procedures and results
• Assisting in recommendations for scalable procedures as the company grows
• Training and assessing new staff
• Working with extraction, processing and analytic equipment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU LL BRING
• Bachelor s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Science or related field is required. Master s or higher-level degree is preferred.
• 3+ years experience with analytical processes and techniques required
• Exceptional proficiency at HPLC and potency-related sample prep. Familiarity with ICP-OES and GCMS preferred
• Background in cannabis potency testing preferred. HPLC experience required.
• Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication and team skills, ability to work independently, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
• Age 21 or over (Required)
• High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
• Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU
• Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn t fun for anyone
• Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
• Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
• Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
• Think creatively; sometimes, the traditional solution isn t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
• Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
• Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
• Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
• Employee discount
• Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
why we exist is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
how we will do this is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique