Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL
The Environmental Services Tech I will oversee cleaning the facility on a consistent basis, as well as stocking items as needed.
This role is with NETA, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Follow NETA Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical/adult use marijuana regulations
• Safely use and store cleaning materials at all times, ensuring they are labeled correctly.
• Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, vacuuming rugs, washing walls and windows, emptying trash receptacles, replacing lining in trash cans, etc.
• Clean & service restrooms with disinfectants and other cleaning agents.
• Restock supplies throughout the facility.
• Notify Facilities Management of need for repairs.
• Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
• Operate machinery, such as the trash compactor.
• Maintain a daily task sheet to be collected and documented by the Shift Leads
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
• 0-2 Years of experience in Custodial and/or Environmental Services duties preferred
• Ability to accurately read and interpret directions
• Ability to interpret and calculate dilution rates for chemicals
• Passionate about the importance of Medical Marijuana. Knowledge of proper PPE practices
• Knowledge of chemical use and purpose. Safety data sheets are updated as new chemicals are implemented
• Age 21 or over (Required)
• High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
• Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU
• Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
• Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
• Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
• Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
• Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
• Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
• Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
• Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
• Employee discount
• Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
• Ability to bend, stoop, and kneel throughout the day
• Need to walk and stand entire shift
• Required to read and understand written directions and information and to hear and communicate work instructions
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, Mission, & Values
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates