Spiritleaf Assistant Store Manager
Spiritleaf recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
In the role of Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for the daily operations and performance of the retail store including sales, merchandising, operations, staff selection, scheduling and supervision, training and development, loss prevention and inventory control. You will have a strong understanding of sales and retail knowledge and help develop and maintain a customer-focused store culture, enhance customer satisfaction and meet sales goals by training, motivating and mentoring sales staff.
- Responsible for managing staff, schedules, inventory and customer relations
- Serves as a resource for staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news and changes in regulations.
- Responsible for submitting and reconciling weekly orders * Responds to all staff questions, concerns or suggestions
- Resolves any conflict immediately
- Managing and implementing training on COVA system
- Assists customers in the selection of merchandise, while providing information about the product, materials, technology, and functionality.
- Ensures Spiritleaf’s customer service standards are upheld by listening to customer’s wants and needs and providing product information when required.
- Responds to all customer complaints, requests, concerns, suggestions
- Maintain accurate records of all activities including daily cash reconciliations, inventory, sales,
- Maintain inventory control system and perform inventory counts on weekly products in the facility
- Assist the Multi Store Manager in the training and supervising of employees.
- Accurately complete bank deposits and maintain balancing information file.
- Ensure building security is upheld by proper use of alarm systems and store security devices.
- Ensure that store is opened and closed in accordance with hours of business.
- Is knowledgeable of trends and supports brand messaging
- Gains understanding of how merchant skills impact business and the customer experience
- Supports new hires through mentorship
- Is self-aware and focused on self-development
- Collaborates with the team during morning and closing meeting
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong assessment and decision-making skills
- You have a coaching mentality and feel comfortable giving feedback both one on one and in the moment.
- Participates in ongoing staff education and through sharing of product knowledge
- At least 2 years’ experience in a retail environment
- You must be a Qualified Cannabis Worker in addition to completing your provincial or territory training course (example Ontario's CannSell) and be able to provide a copy of the certificate
- You must be at least the minimum required legal age in your province, and be able to pass a police background check
- Proven success in offering an exceptional customer experience
- A passion for our product and changing the way the world sees cannabis
- A desire to have fun, laugh and support the customer and team member journey along the way
- First Aid/CPR training an asset (must be able to provide current copy of certificate)
Expected start date: 2021-07-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)
- Retail Management: 2 years (preferred)