Massachusetts based Solar Therapeutics is New England’s leading producer of wellness and alternative therapies dedicated to state of the art, fully sustainable cultivation & production of pharmaceutical grade cannabis
The company’s experienced management team, dedicated board and passionate investors are driven by a singular mission: to provide industry leading alternative therapies with a sustainable carbon-neutral energy footprint.
We are seeking individuals to join our laboratory team here at Solar Therapeutics. The ideal candidates will be detail oriented, have prior extensive experience working in a laboratory setting, and have the ability to work quickly and efficiently with their hands in a fun, fast paced, regulated environment.
• Minimum of 21 years of age.
• Possess valid driver’s license or state ID.
• Must pass all required background checks.
• Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
• Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
• Assist in production calculating requirements; assembling and weighing plant material and supplies for supercritical CO2 extraction: emptying extraction vessels
• Operate intricate equipment, wipe film distillation and rotary evaporator, in accordance with Solar Therapeutics’ Standard Operating Procedures
• Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials and equipment, and preparing requisitions as needed.
• Work with state licensed third party testing lab to ensure QC
• Make distillate
• Oversee cartridge filling
• Clean and help maintain laboratory equipment
• Complete data entry into various marijuana tracking systems including METRC
• Store supplies and equipment, dispose of waste according to guidelines, and keep laboratory working areas sanitary and safe
• Report leaks and faulty equipment to Laboratory Manager
• Complete other duties and tasks as assigned by the Laboratory Manager
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Great interpersonal/communication skills
• Have genuine and positive energy
• Great work ethic, reliability, and professionalism
• Excellent listening skills
• Cannabis industry experience & knowledge preferred
• Experience working in a laboratory strongly preferred
• Knowledge of METRC a plus
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Employee Discount
• Paid Time Off
• 401(k) plan
Solar Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Solar Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Solar Therapeutics agrees to hire individuals with Cannabis-related CORI offenses