• Conducts sample extraction, dilution and analysis using state of the art analytical instrumentation including HPLC, ICP-MS, GC-MS / MS, LC-MS / MS, and GC-MS.
• Performs and confirms calculations for quality control samples.
• Performs data handling and calculation of results.
• Ensures accuracy of data entered into LIMS.
• Trains other staff members.
• Assist with development and validation of new testing methodologies.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Good technical writing skills in analytical chemistry written and oral comprehension, written and oral expression . Ability to integrate observations (visual and written, discrimination) into evaluation process.
College math mathematical reasoning, memorizing . Ability to work at a fast pace, prioritize work assignments and handle stress high productivity .
Marginal Functions :
• Orders chemicals and supplies for the department.
• Maintains inventory of needed supplies.
• Sitting - 25%
• Standing - 70%
• Walking - 5%
• Writing - 20%
• Visual - 100%
Must be able to comprehend the potential hazards of the chemicals in use and adhere to the proper safety techniques as dictated by the Safety Manual and / or Management.
• Must be able to wear gloves, lab coat, eye protection, sleeves, hearing protection, pesticide suit, plastic booties, dust masks, a respirator and a face mask.
• Must be able to understand and follow laboratory safety standards.
• Must be at least 21 years old
• B.S. degree in chemistry or related field and at least 3 years of relevant laboratory experience, or 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience in lieu of a degree.
• Previous ISO 17025 experience in a cannabis testing laboratory is preferred.
• Experience operating a full spectrum of analytical instrumentation, such as HPLC, ICP-MS, GC-MS / MS, LC-MS / MS, and GC-MS is preferred.
Last updated : 2022-05-03