We are currently looking for a knowledgeable IPM technician to assist us in ensuring that our strict quality standards are met. This position will report to the Senior IPM Manager. This position will be responsible for a multitude of activities related to pest management including: making pesticidal applications, scouting and monitoring for pests and beneficial insects, identifying areas of plant health concern. A working knowledge of cannabis cultivation practices as well as a background education will allow candidates for this position to excel. This position is physically demanding and will require standing for long periods of time as well as working on and around ladders.
• Thoroughly scouting rooms for pest and disease pressure
• Identifying any areas of concern and reporting to management
• Install, maintain, and monitor insect traps
• Recording of any relevant scouting data
• Ensure proper cleanliness of rooms and products
• Making pesticide applications
• Releasing beneficial insects
• Supporting other departments as needed
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 21+ years of age
• Ability to work on your own with limited supervision
• 1 year of relevant experience
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good attendance record
• Keen observation skills and attentiveness to minute details
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Bachelors degree with studies in agriculture, horticulture, botany, entomology, or related field
• Strong knowledge and identification skills of cannabis pests and diseases
• 2+ years of relevant hands-on experience
• Knowledge of pesticide applications and safety
At SKYMINT, we have one mission and one mission only: to change people's lives for the better.
Change your life. Change the world.
Personal change. Social change. Political change. We want it all, and were committed to being trailblazers in the cannabis industry. By creating, developing, distributing, and selling the best cannabis products on the market, and by giving back to support positive change in our communities, we believe we cannot only change our customers lives for the better; we believe we can change the world.
At Skymint, we believe access to the best cannabis plants can help you live your best life. So, we grow them right here in Michigan, giving farm-to-stash freshness at the best value around.
We treat our teams like the modern-day cannabis sommeliers they are, giving them the resources, they need to create life-changing experiences for all. Why? Because weve seen what happens when happy people make happy plants. We hope youll want to be a part of this team
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Time Off
Equal opportunity employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other federally, state and/or locally protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of a background check, a possible job-related drug test (excluding cannabis), and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law