Position: Accounts Payable Specialist
Manager: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: Skymint HQ
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible to assist GPI with maintaining all aspects of our accounts payable information. They will be responsible for maintaining current accounts and assisting in various payment functions. This position will also be responsible for analyzing expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements as needed.
The position reports to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and works close with other personnel in the accounting department. The Accounts Payable Specialist will assist on multiple team projects, department requirements and may assist with other aspects of accounting and finance as needed.
Examples of Accounts Payable Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for entering high volume payables and maintaining accurate accounts payable ledger
• Communicate with vendors to reconcile vendor statements and ensure accounts are in balance
• Reconcile payable reports each month as necessary to confirm all amounts paid were accurate
• Research and resolve discrepancies through review and audit of payable ledger
• Track credits owed to company and ensure they're applied properly to vendor payments
• Propose invoice selection for payment as needed
• Initiate ACH and wire as needed to meet deadlines and maintain vendor relationships
• Other AP related tasks as required by management
• Bachelor's degree
• At least three (3) years' experience in accounts payable processing
• Strong MS Office Skills, experience using Quickbooks, and Infor M3 is a plus
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to be effective and productive in a remote environment
At SKYMINT, we have one mission and one mission only: to change people's lives for the better.
Change your life. Change the world.
Personal change. Social change. Political change. We want it all, and we're committed to being trailblazers in the cannabis industry. By creating, developing, distributing, and selling the best cannabis products on the market, and by giving back to support positive change in our communities, we believe we cannot only change our customers' lives for the better; we believe we can change the world.
At Skymint, we believe access to the best cannabis plants can help you live your best life. So, we grow them right here in Michigan, giving farm-to-stash freshness at the best value around.
We treat our teams like the modern-day cannabis sommeliers they are, giving them the resources, they need to create life-changing experiences for all. Why? Because we've seen what happens when happy people make happy plants. We hope you'll want to be a part of this team!
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Time Off
Equal opportunity employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other federally, state and/or locally protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of a background check, a possible job-related drug test (excluding cannabis), and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law