Where you fit in?
The successful candidate will be part of Lubricants Supply Chain (LSC) Engineering group. This group leads, implements and executes all major engineering & maintenance initiatives, activities and capital expenditure in the Americas region including interface management with other disciplines and operational teams.
What’s the role?
The role of the Regional Engineer is to coordinate, implement and manage the execution of all engineering and capital expenditure activities within the North American Supply Chain Envelope. NA LSC has responsibility for 6 proprietary LOBPs (Lubricants Blending Plants) and a range of 3rd party suppliers also providing blending and packaging.
- Provide technical assurance during all stages of the Opportunity Realization Process for Asset Integrity & Growth projects.
- Lead all Capital Projects in the LOBP’s (up to US$20M headline size) in line with the Opportunity Realization Standards and Lubricants Project Management System.
- Lead the Front-End Engineering Studies to identify feasible solutions/appropriate plant modification to support the regional business growth aspiration.
- Proactively manage and assure Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE), Quality and process safety for growth and asset integrity projects for the operating assets.
- Challenge the status-quo and proactively seek opportunities for applying new technology and encourage improvements in all aspects of engineering and maintenance (standardization, simplification and or automation).
- Support roll out, awareness and implementation of globally and regionally driven project, engineering and maintenance standards and processes
- Ensure continuous learning and sharing of best practices through the regional and global engineering teams, Shell networks, industry events etc.
- Support the LOBP’s maintenance strategies development which are assigned to the regional engineer through technical assurance and standards deployment.
- Implementation of Asset Integrity and Process Safety (AIPS) management in the Region including agreed Asset Integrity and Process Safety Policy, ensure awareness and adherence of all globally driven maintenance standards and processes
Skills & Requirements
What we need from you -
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor engineering degree or higher (e.g. Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, PACO).
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in engineering and or maintenance and or project engineering within the downstream industries such as lubricants, refining or petrochemicals.
This position requires additional skills in the following areas –
- Lubricants and or grease handling, blending and or filling experience would be beneficial
- Project management experience and use of MS Project or Primavera software would be beneficial
- Familiar with the Asset Management System (AMS) Framework, especially on MEC (Manage Equipment Care) and ME (Maintenance Execution) principles.
- HSSE experience and knowledge in relation to Asset Integrity Process Safety standards, Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP)/(HAZID), Hazard and Effect Management Process (HEMP), Process Safety, As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) definition and application.
- Experience in contract management and understanding of CP Processes and Systems.
- Good communication skills, virtual working with the proven ability to work vertically and cross- functionally.
- Experience in delivery through others would be beneficial.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. As a US Federal Contractor, hiring selections are subject to periodic audit review and documentation of your selections should be maintained for a period of three calendar years. It is the policy of Shell in the U.S. (“Shell”) to provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employees and all qualified applicants for employment consistent with employment requirements and qualifications. Shell prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. All employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity. If you need an accommodation for a disability during the resourcing process, please speak with an HR representative.