Are you passionate about the Cannabis industry? Are you an energetic, friendly, upbeat, and flexible/adaptable individual that enjoys multitasking? If so, please send us your resume and a quick note on why you would be a perfect addition to our growing cannabis family.
The WellFlower Group, a vertically integrated cannabis company, is seeking a Chemist for the extraction and distillation of biologically derived materials for both the medicinal and recreational cannabis markets. The chemist maintains quality control measures to ensure high quality product and carries out day-to-day tasks including prepping, extracting, and formulation. The chemist must monitor and maintain the facility in accordance with state and local regulations as well as the standards set by Green Sprout Labs.
• Production Chemistry & Product Manufacturing
• Preparation of dried cannabis for extraction.
• Extraction of active and inactive (aesthetic) media from bulk biomaterials.
• Distillation and purification of extracts.
• Process improvements related to wet chemistry and laboratory processes.
• Product formulation in concert with remainder of lab team.
• Production planning, delegation, prioritization, and help.
• Packaging of finished goods
• Extracted products formulation and production in production space
• Quality Management
• Operating within and contributing to a quality management system (QMS).
• Contribution to and authorship of GLP/GMP practices.
• Authorship of and adherence to standard operating procedures.
• Documentation and review of data for all in-lab processes.
• Subject Matter Expert
• Develop expertise in cannabis extraction.
• Develop expertise in new extraction technology and its application to final consumer products.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Shipping and receiving of raw materials and finished goods
• General cleaning and maintenance of lab space
Required Experience, Education, and Skills
• BS in chemistry/biochemistry (or an aligned field)
• Willing to submit and pass a criminal background check. A pending charge or conviction within the past 10 years for a controlled substance-related felony may invalidate hiring eligibility unless written permission is given by the licensing agency.
• Strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication, ability to listen, empathize, be flexible in his/her thinking, and build consensus.
• Experience in data entry, data management, and data analysis for continuous improvement.
Desired Experience, Education, and Skills
• Applicants should have 0-5 years of experience with wet chemistry and extraction processes.
• Applicants should also possess safe in-lab work practices and have a strong desire to develop into a subject matter expert (SME) on the processing of cannabis-derived materials.
• Successful applicants will have demonstrated the following attributes: A commitment to learning, a willingness to work in an environment founded on open and honest communication, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to be a team player in a start-up environment.
If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you! Please reply with your resume and salary requirement. This isn't just a job; it's an exciting career opportunity to enter an evolving industry in cannabis. We are searching for energetic persons to join our team for a long-term relationship