Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As our Director, Recruitment you find calm and balance in organizing different business priorities with team capabilities. Your experience has led you to create and build best practices that really work for the business and you also have a superpower in seeking the unique qualities in individuals and how different skillsets can come together to form super teams. You are a leader who harnesses infectious energy, serving your team through direct coaching, mentorship, and providing an experienced lens to navigate ambiguity in an industry with no set playbook. Your urgency, resilient nature, and drive to succeed in a nascent industry is what sets you apart. Your time spent in previous organizations has provided you with opportunities to build foundational processes from scratch and given you the ability to succeed in fast-moving, continually-changing landscapes. Pure Sunfarms is in our next phase of growth. Our time is now, and while we are humbled by Canada’s love for our flower– we are looking to build on that momentum.
- Reporting to the VP, People and Experience, this role will provide leadership to the recruitment team and flex their creativity in how we share our employment brand. Relationship building is a currency and storytelling are at the heart of what we do. You thrive on the details in building out recruitment operations – you’ve seen the best and worst of what certain practices can do. You have a strong passion in creating a different approach to demonstrate our value proposition through shared experiences through all our candidate touch points from job descriptions to social platforms.
- You can share stories from the different era’s on what ‘war for talent’ means, through the Tech era up to the pandemic! What you ground yourself in is continuous improvement and learning, identifying opportunities to be agile or implement processes that ensures delivery of operational standards.
- You will work collaboratively in the People & Experience team, with the senior leadership team and key business partners, to understand current and future workforce planning requirements.
- You will lead the development and execution of a comprehensive recruitment strategy that attracts and hires great talent all while examining hiring trends in anticipation of, and response to, labor market changes with your traditional and innovative ideas.
- You will create standardized reporting systems to identify solutions and improvement areas for recruiting and provide insights for further discussion and learning.
- You will inspire, coach, and develop a team of talented and passionate individuals who want to share the world of cannabis with others. You will transform unique talents to develop consistent practices from presentation, selection, offer, closing and all the fun components involved in making a hire and developing strong leaders.
- You will be responsible for recruitment performance metrics, analysis, and forecasting
- Employment Brand
- You are a passionate storyteller who thrives on sharing employee stories on emerging platforms, and everywhere in between, connecting what we do and how we do it to those who are curious to get to know us better and connecting our narratives about people and culture at Pure Sunfarms to share with the world.
- You work closely with our Brand and Corporate Communications teams to bring innovative ideas and stories to life.
- We work in a fast-paced environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
- We already know you are passionate about Recruitment and stepping into the cannabis industry, but we want to know more about your story and experiences. You have:
- 10+ years of experience in a fast-paced, high-performing environment, with operational leadership of recruitment teams.
- Proven experience of success and learnings in high-growth organizations, ideally in a consumer-facing company.
- An analytical and open mindset when approaching challenges, and feel comfortable with analysis, creative thinking and innovation to support a growing team.
- A range of experiences leading teams to work cross-functionally with People & Experience and Corporate Communications.
- Proven humility and empathy in fostering stakeholder relationships
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.