We are a Micro Cannabis Grow facility located outside of Thorndale Ontario. We grow small batch strains focused on quality, not quantity. All of our staff are locals from the area and are a tight group working together.
Casual / Seasonal employment through ProGrow Farms, this position is non contracted casual work only.
ProGrow Farms Ltd. will place the individual on Biweekly Payroll, subject to source deduction taxes withheld as per CRA, ProGrow Farms ltd. Will be forcing your eligible 4 % Vacation Pay on each paycheque.
There will be no termination severance pay under the ESA (Employment Standards Act.)
Key Roles & Responsibilities (Others may be assigned as required):
- Harvest and hand trimming of cannabis plants
- Inspect finished product to ensure quality highest standards are met
- Help to make sure workspaces are cleaned and prepped in accordance with facility standards
- following the facility's standard operating procedures (S.O.P's), Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and other policies to ensure safety and quality of production.
- Performs all job responsibilities under the strictest guidelines of the Cannabis Act standards
- Maintain suitable care of tools, equipment, and production of the facility as a whole
Qualifications & requirements:
- Prior experience working with cannabis plants, specifically hand trimming is considered an asset.
- Ability to adapt to changing, fast-paced environments
- Operates with a high level of efficiency
- Passion for producing high-quality work
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge or understanding of Good Production Practices is considered an asset.
- Strong history of reliability
- previous employers and provide references will be contacted
- Reliable means of transportation is required
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items is occasionally required.
- Days- $18/hr + 4% vacation pay, no overtime required
Note: All applicants will be required to successfully complete criminal records and background checks, which must be submitted to our Head of Security prior to starting. Criminal Check will be reimbursed after 2 full successful harvested crops.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Contract length: 2-3 days
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
All applicants must have both Covid-19 shots and a basic criminal record check.
Application deadline: 2022-10-03
Expected start date: 2023-10-10