The Operations Manager will lead our Cannabis manufacturing team. They will hire, train, coach and mentor production staff working in trimming and packaging operations. They will oversee maintenance and inventory, and ensure all work is completed according to quality processes and regulations. The Operations Manager will also complete monthly reporting to Health Canada and CRA and reports directly to the CEO.
• Manage the performance of a team between 4-12 people working in trimming, packaging and sanitation to SOPs, GPPs, GMPs and Health Canada Regulations.
• Proactively plan production schedule according to harvest dates for order fulfillment and customer satisfaction
• Perform purchasing duties to ensure adequate supplies for growing, manufacturing, PPE and packaging.
• Complete regulatory monthly reporting on cannabis production and disposition as well as Batch record sign-off
• Maintain employee files, timesheets and payroll submissions
• Champion product development initiatives to bring our potential to market
• Maintain records of inventory of all raw materials, finished products, and by-products, participating in internal audits as directed
Who you are:
• Friendly, outgoing, strong communicator with a can do attitude
• Diploma or Degree holder in Operations Management or Business
• Experience in Legal Cannabis a must
• Possess or must be able to obtain Security Clearance through Health Canada for Cannabis.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and maintain positive relationships with all levels of management
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing, continuous improvement, and Six Sigma concepts an asset.
Occasional flexibility on weekends required to tend to operation's after hour emergencies
• This position is a hands-on leadership role and duties must be performed on site in Edmonton. Our location is in the Strathcona Industrial Park
• Partake Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer