Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Construction Project Manager's main responsibility is to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. The positions will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
This role is with NETA, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Collaborate with real estate professionals, engineers, architects etc. to manage the construction activities of the projects, including schedule, budget, invoicing, bid acquisition and leveling, etc.
- Daily interface with on-site construction managers and superintendents to execute the work.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach competitive agreements. Work with Parallel Procurement to arrange for direct purchase agreements with national vendors with negotiated discounts.
- Review pencil copy invoices in advance of invoice due dates with the Engineer/CM and Contractor. Track invoicing and payments, keeping the project on track.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities having jurisdiction.
- Work with Engineer and Contractor to plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Supervise and oversee the work on site for compliance with construction documents, scope of work, and quality of delivered work.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports to Parallel Management.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Review project and prepare punch list, final acceptance, and closeout documentation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Proven experience as construction project manager.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, and construction management software such as Oracle Aconex.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field.
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- This person needs to be able to navigate a job site daily.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Constantly safely navigates around ongoing construction activities.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees, vendors, and contractors. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.