Parallel is a major construction contractor in Welding, Heavy Fabrication, Millwrighting, Electrical and General-Construction. We provide product and service solutions to some of North America’s largest resource-based sectors including Forestry, Mining, Aggregate, Steel Recycling, Biomass Energy and Hemp.
Due to increasing expansion, we are hiring a Purchasing Assistant to support Parallel’s Industrial Mill and Plant Projects at our Heavy Fabrication Shop in Quesnel, BC and field locations in Williams Lake, BC. Experience in an Industrial or supply chain setting is considered an assett.
Candidates will possess high energy, quick thinking skills, pride in workmanship and have a get it done attitude. This is an ideal opportunity for those seeking to grow with a rapidly expanding construction company who takes prides in supporting our Industrial Clients.
· Fit and able bodied to handle physical labour
· Driver's License
· Good communication skills
· Attention to detail with strong focus on Safety
· Dedicated to quality excellence with a superior work ethic
· Must be able to work unsupervised at times
· Must be drug free **
· Inventory Management skills
· Current Safety, First Aid Training or Forklift Operator Certificate are an asset.
· Inventory and Monitor tool crib
· Adhere to all Parallel, OH&S and Client Safety standards and governing regulations.
· Pick up and delivery of parts
· Work efficiently in fast past environment.
· General housekeeping Duties
· Build and maintain professional relationships with co-workers.
Great benefits package for Full Time employees and opportunities for growth.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Temporary
Thank you for your application. Those being considered for the position will be contacted by phone.
Foreign applications will NOT be considered for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location