Patient Care Consultant (part-time-15-30 hours weekly for the first 3-6 months)
Patient Care Consultants are responsible for ensuring each patient has an outstanding experience during his/her visit to Organic Remedies. By providing a superior level of service, Patient Care Consultants will ensure patients have a thorough understanding of the products that are available to them. Patient Care Consultants must be empathetic and understanding of patient’s condition. Patient Care Consultants refer patients with questions to the pharmacist when needed for additional education.
Patient Care Consultants report to multiple management level positions including Team Lead, Dispensary Manager and Pharmacist. Depending on the scheduled shift one or more management level staff will be available to offer advice and answer questions. Performance reviews will be written and administered by the Dispensary Manager in collaboration with Pharmacist and Team Lead.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide patients with an outstanding experience during their visit
- Assist patients in choosing products from the menu based on medical needs and personal preferences
- Ensure compliance with all product restrictions based on patient certification
- Retrieve requested products from vault and enter into seed to sale tracking system
- Accept payment for products from patients and complete sale seed to sale tracking system.
- Label all products with system generated product labels
- Print out receipt for purchase and give to patient along with patient safety insert
- Assist with basic cleaning and housekeeping duties
- Assist with receipt of inventory orders from grower processors
- Assist with end of day inventory counts and reconciliation
- Assist with end of day cash balancing and financial reporting
- Follow all DHSS Medical Marijuana regulations
- Other duties / responsibilities as assigned by management
- To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential responsibility and duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to pass a state and federal background check
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus one-year experience in retail or healthcare or hospitality/ service industry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as standard operating procedures, employee handbook and other company documents.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to alphabetize documents
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram from.
Other Skills, Abilities and/or Training:
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important and appreciated
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis
- Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis
- Ability to work day or evening hours
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/ projects
- Familiarity with industry/ technical terms and processes
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of this job.
- Regularly required to do the following activities
o Stand dynamically for long periods without a break
o Perform continuous operation of a personal computer for four hours or longer
o Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; the ability to type, pick, pinch with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn with hands and perceive attributes of objects and materials such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips
o Maintain balance while walking, standing or crouching
o Twist upper torso
o Reach up and out with hands and arms
o Lift up to ten to twenty pounds and carry a distance of one hundred feet
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
Work Location: One location