We have a vacancy of Senior Data Engineer in our company, OCS. This vacancy is based in Toronto Ontario Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Senior Data Engineer
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Toronto Ontario Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-06-09
Posted on: ca.jobsoffices.com
York Mills, Toronto, ON, Canada Req #291
Friday, August 27, 2021
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and is now the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Science team. As Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible to optimize and build our data pipelines and data architecture within our integrated systems to power, advanced analysis, analytical reports, and dashboards for our internal clients. You will contribute towards the design and implementation of data warehouses.
As Senior Data Engineer, you will use your strong collaboration skills to work cross-functionally to translate business requirements into technical designs. This is an exciting opportunity to use your 5+ years of experience with data engineering to provide guidance and insights into data initiatives/requests, based upon your knowledge of industry best practices and methodology to provide robust solutions.
About Your Day
• Build and maintain batch and real-time data pipelines
• Develop data integration solutions to integrate a variety of data sets from disparate sources into a data model to support BI and analytical requirements
• Design and develop automated transactional data processing pipelines, LogicApps, Azure functions and other Azure components
• Solution complex data engineering problems to directly support and deliver strategic data initiatives
• Build predictive and prescriptive data models to enable deeper and better data insights
• Automate pipelines and troubleshoot data failures
• Maintain existing Azure Eco-system and ensure consistency in data delivery architecture throughout the project life cycle.
• Architect standard procedures for data storage, processing, and consumption using industry best practices
• Ensure adherence to architectural guidelines and principles
• Partner closely with data analysts and cross-functional teams to translate business requirements into detailed technical designs
• Improve and automate, where possible, the data pipelines used for data analytics, business data flows, and solution integration
• Translate data requirements into detailed designs and pipeline architecture, ensuring proper documentation of methodology
• Create technical and functional documentation for Data Science and other business teams
• Drive thought leadership and define best practices around data extraction, modeling, consumption, and governance
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Information Technology or a related field of study, or equivalent level of education and experience
• Azure Data Engineer or Azure Solution Architect certification would be an asset
• 5+ years of experience with data analytics, developing and maintaining data warehouses to feed advanced analytics and deploying analytical models within an organization
• Expertise in Azure data engineering, including Automated Data Pipelines, LogicApps, Azure functions, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure data monitoring and ETL jobs
• Strong experience with data warehousing, data integration, schema design and data modeling
• Advanced skill with Excel, SQL and one of the scripting languages (Python or R)
• Good knowledge of Power BI and/or other reporting tools would be an asset
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, research, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to align with rapid business changes: new requirements, evolving goals and strategies and technological advancements
• Experience with Azure Synapse would be an asset
• Ability to work independently with business users under minimal supervision in a highly collaborative and agile work environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• City: Toronto, ON
• Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent
• Required Travel: Rare, Within GTA
• Application Deadline: September 3, 2021
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.
• Pay Type
Job originally posted on GrabJobs. If you need to report this job please contact GrabJobs