The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for an Insights Specialist to join our team! As Insights Specialist, you will manage and lead the development of our first ever Internal Consumer Panel to enable faster and more in depth insights in a unique and emerging cannabis market. As Insights Specialist, you will be tasked with scoping and designing the research requirements and advising senior leaders on clear opportunities for the business to pursue.
In this role, you will manage all internal led research, leveraging our internal survey capabilities and build innovative research initiatives to better understand the needs of our consumers. This is an excellent opportunity to use your analytical and communication skills to address the needs of our consumer and grow an emerging industry.
About Your Day
- Manage research mediums such as our Internal Consumer Panel and Survey Tool
- Develop and coordinate the recruitment of panelists, scheduling & coordinating with stakeholders to scope organizational insights needs and ensure it aligns with business objectives
- Analyze data collected from panel and survey research and develop monthly reporting to be shared with senior leadership using tools such as PowerBI
- Develop actionable insights and business recommendations to share with internal stakeholders
- Work cross functionally to design and program our annual Net Promoter Score Survey to be distributed to the vendor community and analyze and report upon our findings, sharing with actionable insights with appropriate teams
- Manage end to end research needs for any additional projects identified by the team that can be internally conducted.
- Completed Post-Secondary education in Business, Commerce or related areas, OR equivalent combination of experience and post secondary education.
- Completion of Market Research post-graduate certificate or Certified Marketing Research Professional (CMRP) designation would be seen as an asset
- 3-5 years of professional experience designing and conducting research and developing insights to inform business decisions
- Experience managing a consumer insights panel
- Experience with dashboard reporting tools i.e. PowerBI and/or Tableau
- Experience in survey programming, data analysis and building both reports and presentations based off findings
- Experience with insight tools such as Microsoft 365 Voice of the Customer would be seen as an asset
- Experience using R language for data analysis would be seen as an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
About the JobCity:
Toronto, ONEmployment Type:
Fixed Term Contract – 1 yearRequired Travel:
Rate, within GTAApplication Deadline:
September 21, 2021 at 11:59pm
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.