Reporting to the Demand planner, the Jr Data and Reporting analyst will provide data and metrics to the team to ensure efficacy in supply, demand and sales needs. This role will also assist in streamlining processes and assisting with ad-hoc duties
• Develop and guide the Demand Planning function to support and drive business objectives
• Develop and implement effective metrics for the Demand Planning function aligned with delivering business objectives
• Develop and communicate accurate Demand Plans to all areas of the business, including Finance, Sales, Operations, Procurement, and Logistics
• Work with Sales team to resolve priorities regarding customer demand and provide updates if orders will not meet due dates
• Monitor provincial and retail Customer inventory to avoid out-of-stocks
• Assist Sales team with weekly Customer Allocations
• Translate internal and external data, including inputs from Sales team into the demand plan.
• Provide inputs at both consensus and lower levels, as necessary, to ensure accuracy at all levels down to SKU.
• Interface with Sales team to develop forecasts for new products, and develop product exit strategies
• Interface with sales team to ensure that demand signal is reflective of actual customer requirements
• Validate the Demand Plan against Operations, Logistics, and Procurement Plans, identifying gaps, and proposing solutions to resolve the gaps
• Monitor progress against Sales targets and communicate results internally
• Develop, use and maintain demand planning software as the primary forecasting system tool
• Develop and maintain Power BI reports and dashboards under supervision
• Perform data analysis to identify data integrity issues/trends
• Ensure that automated data imports/exports contain appropriate data and are run in a timely manner
• Maintain documentation for reporting and data integrity standards and related policies
• Assist in life cycle planning and management
• Maintain ABC strategy- by $ volume & Demand
• Own data accuracy/data clean up issues for assigned product portfolio.
• Focuses on improving customer delivery performance and optimized inventory levels.
• Daily review of customer backlog - Set priorities to ensure highest customer service levels
• Liaise with other departments as required, ensuring inventory levels are maintained in line with system safety stock.
• Provide metrics and updates to order administration, suppliers and operations group regarding shortages, on-time delivery, and purchase order reconciliation.
Key Competencies & Requirements
• Experience in demand or production planning in an MRP/MPS environment. Must have excellent planning and organization skills, and be highly PC literate
• Experience in Sales and Operation demand planning process and resulting execution of the collaborated forecast via KPIs, inventory planning, and demand statements
• Strong analytical skills and good level of proficiency with statistics for forecasting
• Professional and detailed communications skills required; significant interaction required with suppliers and other departments
• Demonstrated skills in analyzing, planning, judgment and decision making.
• Ability to work as both an individual contributor and in a team environment.
• Ability to understand the large picture and work at the detailed level.
• Ability to make sound decisions based on data.
• Ability to handle conflicting requests.
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office automation, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Experience in Cannabis and or Beverage Alcohol industry is an asset
• Experienced in Production and Supply Chain processes
• Strong business strategy knowledge and superior business acumen
• Strong oral communicator with experience speaker to senior leaders and partners
• Persuasive and self-motivated advocate capable of promoting an organization’s needs
• Exceptional written communication skills
Job Type: Permanent
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Extended health care
• Paid time off
• Vision care
• Monday to Friday
• Data Analysis: 2 years (preferred)
• Supply Chain: 2 years (preferred)