Nabis is the #1 Licensed Cannabis B2B Platform in the world with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 100 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation
Our team, backed by Y-Combinator and from a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash co-founder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit, and Twitch co-founder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
Nabis is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to play an integral role in the next phase of our growth. The ideal candidate is comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team and is a technically proficient problem solver that uses their skills to help drive data-driven decisions across the entire organization.
• Develop and maintain production quality data pipelines.
• Build the infrastructure required for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources ranging from SQL to “big data” technologies.
• Assist in the design and development of scalable data analytics solutions derived from large and complex datasets integrated across multiple platforms.
• Ensure data is stored, handled, and processed in accordance with applicable privacy policies and regulations.
• Develop processes to simplify data integrity monitoring and identify areas of opportunity across departments.
• Contribute to feature roadmap for Analytics Services and help scope key projects/timeline requirements.
• Work collaboratively with engineering and strategy teams to enable data-driven decisions across the organization.
• Communicate findings to the management team, technical collaborators, and business stakeholders using appropriate mediums
• Help identify organizational pain points and create compelling data-driven solutions containing holistic metrics summarizing performance and specific actionable insights.
• Support research used to evaluate potential external software integration partners
• Actively reinforce the technical strategy and data integrity best practices across the organization.
Desired Qualifications And Skills
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in data engineering.
• Fluency in SQL and understanding of NoSQL databases.
• Ability to create and maintain production quality ETL/ELT pipelines using modern toolsets (Airflow, Kafka, dbt, Airbyte, Sqoop, etc.)
• Experience with creating and developing an integrated data model (Star Schema, Kimball, Data Vault)
• Experience with high scale data stores and processing (HDFS, Hive, Spark, Redshift, etc)
• Experience working leverage and developing cloud-based resources and services (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
• Prior work experience in the supply chain or cannabis industry.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment by consistently revising your approach in response to new information.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS: 1. You'll work at the fastest growing cannabis startup in the U.S2. Unlimited PTO and 100% work-from-home policy3. Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis4. Competitive salary, 401(k) plan, and equity compensation structure5. Cannabis industry discounts at retail shops across California Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
Nabis is the #1 Licensed Cannabis B2B Platform in the world with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 100 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation. Our team, backed by Y-Combinator and a from a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash cofounder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit and Twitch cofounder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world